1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the rear, clamp on or clamp on adjustable style.
Front is the common single barrel band and rod sight.
Charging handle, single simple bolt style.

Call or msg me anytime.
[email protected]
412-979-0567

Judd
IMG_2011.jpg

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Might try Doug Oeffinger in FL . if he's still around . Haven't talked to him since I tried my hand at building a couple of Stingers .
Chris

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Doug is still around but has no sights, been there done that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I have spoken to Doug once and then gave him a while to check his containers. No luck. Can you imagine having containers of stuff to go through? I'll never live long enough to gather enough stuff. You have to stand back in amazement at the foresight of some people.

I have one perfect original transferable ANM2 complete except sights. I'd like to find one set of the correct ones. It is about the search. I know they didnt make an abundance of them. Surely there is a clamp on style set somewhere. I cant bring myself to drill it.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Be patient, and eventually one will turn up. Far as I know, for USGI ANM2s, the one you are looking for is all that was really issued for these. There is the four screw mounted rear sight for the MG40 commercial gun, but I am not aware anything like that was installed on the issue guns. The two exceptions to that would be the six Stingers built for Iwo Jima (which emmagee1917 has convinced me was actually a cut-down M2HB base), and the odd one installed on some ANM2s that were vehicle mounted during experiments in the 1930s. Pics of these can be found in the Weapon Mounts for Secondary Armament book, but I don't believe these ever went overseas. I have an example, but have never seen a top plate with the matching holes. I expect none of those got out, and that this sight survived is a fluke.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Keep the faith and you will find them while you are looking for something else. That is what happened to me and it took me years to hunt down a set for mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts