1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
If you have only 10-20 or just 1...or more.
I bought links in UK and I specified no 30 cal but .303 links...
And I received 30cal DAC...

I Can do an exchange...

So if you just send me few of them I'll try to modifiy mine...

Thanks

Louis

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Check Ebay under......Lancaster links.

TiredIron

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
The sign on the ebay item is correct - they are 30 cal Dominion Arsenal browning links. the seller identifies them as 30-06 links, but erroneously claims they are the same. they are NOT from a lancaster bomber gun. I have a 5 gal bucket of them. these are 30-06 links. I got mine from 5,000 rds of blanks I bought back in the dark ages. These will not work for 303. To truly learn the difference between the links, try to load 303 into a 30 cal link. They fit in just fine, in fact they are VERY easy to load. then they fall out.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Louis - I mentioned a couple times in PMs to your threads to PM me - I will just send you 4-5 if you want to try to modify the 30 cal links. Send me your address, and I will drop a few in the mail. I had a lengthy email back and forth with the guy in the UK selling the "Lancaster" links. He is firmly convinced that the Spitfires and Lancaster powered turrets use 1919 Brownings, in 30 06 , and the links will work in 303 ... Sent him photos of the guns and links ( I posted those here too), he was still convinced because his buddy told him they looked like 30-06 .....

You can modify the DAQ links to hold the 303, but My experience has been that the high speed feed in the MKII causes the ammo to fall out of the links. Let us know how the project works - We may be able to jump off your work !!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Got your address - will drop some in the mail...... Quebec eh ? One of those "funny" sounding Candians .....;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts