1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB AR-15 A1 upper reciever. Going to build a lightweight 16 inch upper, had one years ago and should not have sold it, just looking for the upper reciever complete with old style foreward assist and sight. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ar-15a1

I will be at Knob Creek, there might be one down there, does not have to be Colt. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ar-15

I need an A1 upper any maker is fine, finish wear is ok also, anyone have one. I know they are out there new by Nodak and Brownells. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
WTB AR-15 A1 upper reciever. Going to build a lightweight 16 inch upper, had one years ago and should not have sold it, just looking for the upper reciever complete with old style foreward assist and sight. Thanks, Jerod
An AR-15A1 did not have a forward assist. Read this thread to determine what type of A2 upper you want:
http://www.coltforum.com/forums/colt-long-guns/110402-colt-ar-question-experts.html

Copied from the above thread:

The Colt AR-15A2 Sporter II rifles was made from 1984 to about 1989, there were 4 variants of these rifles, the upper receivers configuration are different.

All 4 variants have slab side lower receivers.

Variant 1 early model R6400: SP1 type upper receivers with A1 type rear sight, no shell deflector and no forward assist.

=> Variant 2 model R6401: M-16A1 type upper receivers with A1 type rear sight, no shell deflector and have forward assist with teardrop shaped forward assist plunger. <==

Variant 3 early model R6500: A1 type rear sight, with shell deflector and with forward assist with round shaped forward assist plunger, same as the Canadian C7 military rifles.

Variant 4 late model R6500: M-16A2 type rear sight with both windage and elevation adjustments, with shell deflector and with round shaped forward assist plunger.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ar-15

It is not going to an all correct AR-15A1 CAR. I have a lightweight 16in CAR barrel with the A1 upper with old foreward assist and A1 sight, I liked the style and need another one. Has anyone seen these at Knob Creek. Thanks, Jerod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts