1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the following BCI marked parts for my next C5A1 build. I need a Barrel Jacket, a Back Plate, a Breech Lock Block and a Cover Extractor spring. If anyone has any of these parts and are willing to sell outright PLEASE PM me!

Thanks a lot.

Mike--Mustangman7

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Mike I will keep an eye out for you at the SAR East show and the creek just call me if you find anything before then. Russ

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Mike- a little progress, my friend. I have the promised breech lock cam in hand for you, and now I have a stripped BCI back plate, in pretty decent condition. If you don't have one, I should be able to provide the BCI buffer plate to go with it.

And then there is the all-matching BCI bottom plate/left side plate/top plate assembly, with matching trunnion/jacket/booster assembly, all USGI spec, that fastmonkey found for me at KCR, in a kit that was otherwise all Izzy and mixed mfg parts. Still don't know what I am paying for it, since the vendor (OOW) asked me to just send them a list of the parts I picked out and they will add it up so I can send a check. Now before we get too excited, I could find no marking on the jacket, front sight or front bearing, but the whole assembly was staked and is definitely factory original, with the usual BCI black paint. But the bottom plate, LSP, top plate and trunnion all have matching control numbers. Nicer than the other kit I had!!!

Are you jealous yet? :D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh sure. Rub it in that your's is better then mine!:help: Time for a trade?

Is the rear grip a solid grip or one with removable handles?

Mike--Mustangman7

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Oh sure. Rub it in that your's is better then mine!:help: Time for a trade?

Is the rear grip a solid grip or one with removable handles?

Mike--Mustangman7
Yeah, sorry. Can't help that "rubbing it in" thing. :firedevil: The back plate is the grip panel assembly, and from what I have seen the Bakelite will be the correct type. I forgot to look for a mode to the aluminum grip- the threaded hole in the bottom. But that can be filled if it's there. Part is between Rochester and Eugene, so will look when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Mike- a little progress, my friend. I have the promised breech lock cam in hand for you, and now I have a stripped BCI back plate, in pretty decent condition. If you don't have one, I should be able to provide the BCI buffer plate to go with it.

And then there is the all-matching BCI bottom plate/left side plate/top plate assembly, with matching trunnion/jacket/booster assembly, all USGI spec, that fastmonkey found for me at KCR, in a kit that was otherwise all Izzy and mixed mfg parts. Still don't know what I am paying for it, since the vendor (OOW) asked me to just send them a list of the parts I picked out and they will add it up so I can send a check. Now before we get too excited, I could find no marking on the jacket, front sight or front bearing, but the whole assembly was staked and is definitely factory original, with the usual BCI black paint. But the bottom plate, LSP, top plate and trunnion all have matching control numbers. Nicer than the other kit I had!!!

Are you jealous yet? :D
Rollin-

The barrel jacket should be marked BCI between first and second rows of holes in the barrel jacket. The front bearing should also be marked BCI half way between the two threaded ends. Mine are very faintly marked. If they covered with black paint they may be hidden.

--fjruple

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Rollin-

The barrel jacket should be marked BCI between first and second rows of holes in the barrel jacket. The front bearing should also be marked BCI half way between the two threaded ends. Mine are very faintly marked. If they covered with black paint they may be hidden.

--fjruple
I looked for that on this kit when I found it but did not see any sign of it. The jacket is clearly factory staked though. It is also possible that BCI was running short on shrouds and had received some from SG and did not mark them BCI since they were not made in house...

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Rollin-

--fjruple
I looked for that on this kit when I found it but did not see any sign of it. The jacket is clearly factory staked though. It is also possible that BCI was running short on shrouds and had received some from SG and did not mark them BCI since they were not made in house...
I have had a few BCI marked jackets and bearings, all going to correct projects or kept for when needed. But when I received two USGI BCI kits from a customer a couple of years ago, one did not have all the BCI marked parts but was a mix of SG stuff, and both kits were factory original like this one. So that seems to be hit and miss. I built one of those kits for the customer and he wanted a Dual Feed for the second gun, so we agreed to swap parts for that. Neither kit had marked back plates, sadly, and that's one of the ongoing hunts. Got the one for Mike, but now I've another kit that is wanting one!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
any interest in BCI extractor
I am interested, since Mike can't use it. I have a new BCI kit that needs a few matching parts added. Drop me a PM and let me know what you need for it. Or, if you want to trade for another extractor as an alternative.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rollin-

--fjruple
Hey Frank,

Are you sure on the location of the BCI mark on the barrel jacket? I have a picture of a marked jacket and it is marked between the first hole and the screw that locks the jacket to the trunnion?

Mike--Mustangman7

1 - 14 of 14 Posts