1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy belted ammo ready to go shoot! Am in SLC, Utah and drive to Las Vegas at least once a month. I'm new at this so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask or my lack of knowledge. My semi-auto 1919 with crank-fire trigger is marked 7.62 on the receiver but I have not been able to shoot it yet. Came with some steel case ammo but would not feed. I think I have that solved with a good cleaning and head-space adjustment but only have loose ammo and about 75 rounds belted that should feed... Have a family shoot planned over the 4th and would love to have a bunch of belts on hand. Thanks in advance, Rob

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Sounds like your gun was built on an izzy kit. Are you sure of the caliber? Can you post a picture of the top of the bolt and the barrel notches? Just want to make sure you aren't going to blow yourself up.

As for ammo I don't have any for sale. Why not just pick up a case of brown bear and link it?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
It's not common to find ammo already linked or belted for these anymore. CMP used to have some that way, but not sure about now, and that would have been 30-06, not 308. I think you are going to have to fork over for a good linker and some Israeli links. Triggertime on the forum here sells a nice linker, and there are others out there. Plenty of sources for the links. Just plan on an evening or two for loading a bunch of belts up.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
7.62 indicates a .308 caliber gun. Along with the pics, if possible please describe the manner in which it would not feed. Did the ammo not fit in the feed tray; (30.06 in a .308 gun) Lots of room for variables in that area as goofs go.

Ammo would slop about when the extractor claw tried to grab it. ( Short cartridge overall length issue common to commercial ammo.)

Ammo too big to fit in chamber, ( Holy cow, just back away from the gun and wait for advice!) LOL!! ;)

Gun won't go into battery. (Tight headspace most likely culprit.)

There's a member here selling cases of .308 that's linked, but it's in M13 links, like for an M60.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm just South of Provo, I'd be happy to help ya out. I also have a linker if ya want to bring your ammo and links down to link up. Just PM me for contact info.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looking to buy belted ammo ready to go shoot! Am in SLC, Utah and drive to Las Vegas at least once a month. I'm new at this so please forgive any stupid questions I may ask or my lack of knowledge. My semi-auto 1919 with crank-fire trigger is marked 7.62 on the receiver but I have not been able to shoot it yet. Came with some steel case ammo but would not feed. I think I have that solved with a good cleaning and head-space adjustment but only have loose ammo and about 75 rounds belted that should feed... Have a family shoot planned over the 4th and would love to have a bunch of belts on hand. Thanks in advance, Rob
Your going to be hard pressed to find .308 ammo on 1919 links. Most .308 will come linked for a M60 and won't work in a 1919.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts