1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
If you are in California you can forget getting one directly from those aholes at Wiselite. When I was looking to buy one five years ago I emailed them and they gave me a rather abrupt reply that read like 'We don't sell to your kind... you people in California'! I was able to buy one through the good folks at SMGGUNS.com who were very friendly and helpful, but alas they have gotten out of production and concentrated all their efforts on their FG42 project, but you could always try emailing them.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are in California you can forget getting one directly from those aholes at Wiselite. When I was looking to buy one five years ago I emailed them and they gave me a rather abrupt reply that read like 'We don't sell to your kind... you people in California'! I was able to buy one through the good folks at SMGGUNS.com who were very friendly and helpful, but alas they have gotten out of production and concentrated all their efforts on their FG42 project, but you could always try emailing them.
Thanks Paulie - yes I get that a lot. I even see folks selling AR uppers (which don't even need an FFL) saying "No sales to CA". Most of the time I figure, if a seller wants to ignore TEN PERCENT of the entire county's population, they do so at their own peril. However, if I really want something, I just use an out of state FFL to act as an intermediary and have them ship it there first.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I recommend the SMG built guns, I built my DPM using there semi-auto receiver.(sorry not for sale) It came out great. I also have one of there FG42's in 7.62 it runs flawlessly and is a work of art. They are great to deal with. To bad they are not making the DP-28/DPM anymore. You might contact them and ask If they have one available or know of someone who does. Good luck. They are neat and fun weapon. :redspot:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recommend the SMG built guns, I built my DPM using there semi-auto receiver.(sorry not for sale) It came out great. I also have one of there FG42's in 7.62 it runs flawlessly and is a work of art. They are great to deal with. To bad they are not making the DP-28/DPM anymore. You might contact them and ask If they have one available or know of someone who does. Good luck. They are neat and fun weapon. :redspot:
Yeah, SMG has long since stopped making them or supporting them. Thanks for the help though.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Not sure if this is going to get me in trouble here but saw this and just thought I would say we are doing a small run of these again.......

Rick
Rick, I hope that sometime soon you plan on doing some more BREN builds...
You and Bryan do some really nice work!

Richard

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one of the SMG built DP28's.

The gun has been flawless since I bought it, and everything has been perfect.

I definitely recommend SMG built guns as they do top notch work. They are also quick answering questions when emailed.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I also have one of Ricks builds and he does GREAT work! You will not be disapointed. As far as the Bren build goes, put me in line too if you do another run Rick!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
SMG built my DTM and was able to use an original DP28 barrel (that I supplied).
Nice gun and an excellent finish.

I would like to have my MK2 BREN built, I have one of the older IO import demils.
BREN barrels are very available.

Richard

·
Registered
785 Posts
I'd like to get one built. Living in Cali they will soon be illegal, so it would probably be best for me if I could buy the receiver, get it shipped here, register it this year, then send the receiver an parts kit to you for the build.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd take a DP28 semi build and also a DPM semi build as I have kits w/intact bbls for both. And, NO they are not for sale.

Thanks,

OREO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts