1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a complete 1919a4 bolt in .308 that has not been machined into use in a semi-auto. Any for sale?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Are these the bolts that OOW had at the the spring KCR show? I heard one guy bought the entire crate of them.
That's true, but it was not a full crate. Unlike past Creek events, the bolts were not flying out of the crate at a quick pace. You know when toolman and I are not digging, things have slowed down. But someone got a nice deal by saving OOW from having to load and haul them back.

Worth noting that the price is good at the Creek, when they bring those parts out in the crates. However, when factoring in the deals at the Creek, one has to consider the additional cost of travel. this is true whether it is $50 or $100 in gas, a couple of hours or a 12 hour drive, or many hours and dollars flying out and paying for hotels. So the hardware is never as cheap as may be inferred from the cash price paid in the transaction. OOW retails a stripped 7.62 bolt at $99 online. So the offer above is very fair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts