1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· BeltFed GURU
4,237 Posts
The M1A1 kit i bought over a 15 years ago had a back third, the nose portion /barrel and hand guard bar , the rest was missing of the recevier. It was torch cut everything else was unmolested . I spent some money with Doug Richardson for one of his complete front machined receivers barrel threaded, feed ramp ,ejector timed , bolt nose pierced through to the bolt pocket which was lightened with 3 bored pockets almost to depth . It was spendy but the fit , finish and hardness is spec and beautiful ,if it were legal it would take only a few hours to finish the bolt pocket on a mill . Unfortunately they are no longer available !!

· Premium Member
8,697 Posts
It is a shame Doug could not find anyone to take over the business because the work that came out of his shop was of the highest quality. I spent some time with him at his shop back in 2016 and it was time well spent.

· Premium Member
105 Posts
Stay away from Chad couture, he’s a scammer and doesn’t have anything for sale
He just texted me asking me if I was still interested in buying his frame rear sight frame for the 1919 sounded suspicious since all he would take is Zelle not checks.
Stay away from Chad couture, he’s a scammer and doesn’t have anything for sale
He contacted me via text and asked me if I was still interested in buying the 1919 rear sight frame I said yes how much he said $300 I said I don't want to pay more than $150 he said I'll take it that was a red flag the second red flag is when he said the only form of payment he'll take is Zelle. He also sent me pictures to prove it was him.

Attachments

· Premium Member
105 Posts
Report him to aft
Actually that will not be a bad idea I'm going to run the FFL that he showed first I should have done that when I got it but I'm going to run the FFL and see if it's actually him and if it is then there's no way that they're going to go after him for defrauding people you just got to watch people like him and it was another member from this group that turned me on to watch out for him. The other member said that he tried it with them as well and never ever gave them the parts that they bought.
Jan

· Registered
365 Posts
Just ran the FFL, appears to be fraudulent. Do not buy anything from this guy
A fraudulent federal document seems like just the sort of thing that L-E would want to pursue.
ATF or possibly the Massachusetts State Police may be worth contacting.
Dana Reed was also a well known fraudulent seller AND buyer and eventually the weight of complaints from people got him arrested and convicted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts