1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BeltFed GURU
4,554 Posts
The M1A1 kit i bought over a 15 years ago had a back third, the nose portion /barrel and hand guard bar , the rest was missing of the recevier. It was torch cut everything else was unmolested . I spent some money with Doug Richardson for one of his complete front machined receivers barrel threaded, feed ramp ,ejector timed , bolt nose pierced through to the bolt pocket which was lightened with 3 bored pockets almost to depth . It was spendy but the fit , finish and hardness is spec and beautiful ,if it were legal it would take only a few hours to finish the bolt pocket on a mill . Unfortunately they are no longer available !!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Yeah Doug used to have some really nice stuff....I have a catalog/brochure lying around here somewhere from his business back in the day - got it from a customer years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,066 Posts
It is a shame Doug could not find anyone to take over the business because the work that came out of his shop was of the highest quality. I spent some time with him at his shop back in 2016 and it was time well spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts