1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I live in California and my pre-2000 hi caps must be blocked to 10 rounds / or turned in to the police / taken out of state next year. This includes my DP-28 pan magazines, so I need to buy some that are blocked to 10 rounds, or find somebody that can permanently block them to 10 rounds.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Have you taken apart a pan before? I just winged it writing instructions for the last hour on how to remove, how it works and what needs to be accomplished but the page was lost when it accidentally swiped over. In the process there is an obstacle I have yet to work out to in order to rewind the pan. But basically you have to count ten slots/rounds to the right of the dummy, and "make a new dummy" there. Since the pan stops when filling which is the back of the dummy round hitting the feed ramps. You need to make another dummy there ten rounds to the right of the dummy guide round. Turning down a bolt and threading in a new dummy is not the problem. Winding the pan back is going to be the obstacle because the new dummy is going to be in the way rotating past the feed ramps.
I think I have found a way how to do it in theory. Executing it might be tough though.
Yes, I live in California and my pre-2000 hi caps must be blocked to 10 rounds / or turned in to the police / taken out of state next year. This includes my DP-28 pan magazines, so I need to buy some that are blocked to 10 rounds, or find somebody that can permanently block them to 10 rounds.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I actually hadn't gotten to tearing one down yet - I wanted to see if anything was commercially available before- quite possibly - screwing a magazine up. I inquired to Dennis at Midwest Metal to see if he had done any and he has not. He suggested welding a tab inside the inner pan, then pin the top part at a place where, at 10 rounds, the pin engages the tab and won't turn past 10 rounds. I have one more place to check that MIGHT have some experience.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is that address correct? It errors out when I search it and when I google the name without the "dot com."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts