1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Robert Bowman has some DSHK 38s due in this summer. I'm on the waiting list.

Karl

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm just curious, about what are the kits worth now?

I happen to be building one right now. Almost done with the semi mods, plan to start rewelding the receiver in a week.

Karl

·
Registered
531 Posts
You would have to look long and hard to find a Polish kit for 4-4500 these days. Thinking the last couple on gunbroker were in the 6-6500 area granted they were exc. condition kits. Best you can do is be patient and wait for the right deal.
They do make an excellent,fun shooter.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well, I paid $700 for mine with an intact barrel this spring :lol:

I've started the build on it now. Mine is torched where rewelding around the barrel key is difficult. So, I bid on this receiver: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=560443666

So, I'm re welding what i got. I don't know if this kit is Polish or Russian. How do I tell?

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Somebody did not know what they had obviously. Think we have all found awesome deals and mine would top yours without a doubt but not going to go there. Those deals for the everyday life are just not out there unless your in the right place at the right time. I.E a dshk receiver that was sold by bowman for 600 awhile back now hitting 2k
Just say there are 3 kits 2 Russian one polish in the que to be built and one built Russian that runs fabulous.
Are you going to run original 12.7 or chamber in for 50 BMG?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It balances out for the kits I paid too much for :)

As its an intact barrel I'm staying with 12.7mm 108mm

Looking ALL OVER for ammo. Not much joy so far.

Next step is buy an M3 barrel and sleeve it up to look like a dushka barrel to run BMG

·
Registered
198 Posts
Somebody did not know what they had obviously. Think we have all found awesome deals and mine would top yours without a doubt but not going to go there. Those deals for the everyday life are just not out there unless your in the right place at the right time. I.E a dshk receiver that was sold by bowman for 600 awhile back now hitting 2k
Just say there are 3 kits 2 Russian one polish in the que to be built and one built Russian that runs fabulous.
Are you going to run original 12.7 or chamber in for 50 BMG?
You mean about the one on gunbroker??

How much should it have gone for?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm no person to set prices,my point is that Dshk kits and receivers were imported in such limited supply that they find their own price market. Almost impossible to find a decent kit for less than high 5k to in the 6k area. And the Russian guns bringing a bit more. I'm guessing that was your receiver? Wish I would have bought a couple of those!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm no person to set prices,my point is that Dshk kits and receivers were imported in such limited supply that they find their own price market. Almost impossible to find a decent kit for less than high 5k to in the 6k area. And the Russian guns bringing a bit more. I'm guessing that was your receiver? Wish I would have bought a couple of those!!
Yeah that was mine. i kinda wish i didn't sell it. I originally bought it to make a semi so i could keep my kit after dropping my SOT. But that may be so far down the road im sure ill find something between then and now. The 1938 kit went up as well. As much as i would like 2 DShK's, i dont want to have to feed two of them.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I put in an opening bid, just to watch what it goes for.

I'll buy a lottery ticket this week. If my ship comes in, I'll buy it.

Karl

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Dshk

what is the best way to tell if your kit is a Russian one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts