1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a C&R Hotchkiss just sitting for lack of the ejector. See the photos below. I know there has to be parts out there - the 7mm/8mm parts sets are all "in hiding" and there just cant be that many transferable guns out there !! I will be trying to get them manufactured if I cant turn anything up. Anyone else looking for one ? Let me know and I will put you on the list if I have them made -

Regards,

Brian
Airplane Aircraft Stealth aircraft Supersonic aircraft Vehicle

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ejectors in the 1914s are one of those parts that can easily fall out and disappear when disassembling the gun or can be forgotten when reassembling the internals. Done both of the years.
If you need a pattern I can send you one as long as you guarantee to return it!
If you have a good small parts machinist who will do short runs, repro extractors are really needed by quite a few owners. Maybe these can be added into the mix. There are several different types of extractors depending on the caliber and vintage of the guns.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob -I have "one" ( pictured) from a second gun. Was hoping to find a super secret stash though. If no joy in a week or so, I will probably start having some made. Both my guns are 8mm lebel. I could use an extractor as a machining sample if you want to send one along - if you know any info on the metallurgy of the parts ( as in what kind of steel are they ? ) or have recommendations, feel free to chime in. Will save me trying to re-engineer them. I do have a local guy who does custom machining for the medical device industry ( he makes the machine parts for T&E) and is a gun guy. I am in the process of getting more of the feed arms for the german Maxims made ( small run, as these are going to be one off at a time - no CNC set up) so hope to have these in a few weeks too.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts