1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any of these floating around? I think it was Hedgehog doing the builds a few years ago. Anyone have any info

Paul

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Paul, I think this is a touchy subject here on this forum as Chris had many peoples kits and failed to return them in a timely manner. Last I heard there was going to be a class action lawsuit due to his failing to meet his end of the agreement. Your best bet is to keep posting a WTB ad and watching Gun Broker. Too bad as he was a talented builder too.:(
CaptMax

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CaptMax,

Thanks, I read the posts and understand that it's a touchy subject. With 20 years as an 07/SOT, i've seen it happen many a time. I'm just thankful that I didn't get caught up in it this time...but "parts is parts" and that's what I'm looking to buy...if I can buy them cheaper than I can make them:D

Paul

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
CaptMax,

Thanks, I read the posts and understand that it's a touchy subject. With 20 years as an 07/SOT, i've seen it happen many a time. I'm just thankful that I didn't get caught up in it this time...but "parts is parts" and that's what I'm looking to buy...if I can buy them cheaper than I can make them:D

Paul
Yes Paul, anyone involved with this hobby has seen it happen. Lucky are those that haven't been caught up in that situation. Good luck with finsing your side plate, the FN guns are a favorite of mine and I would like to see more of them built.
CaptMax

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
....email...

Can't message you until you have 20-posts. Sooo....email [email protected] Gave up 2-#7 FFl Mfg. before I could get to my FN30's. Yeah...right...have several sets w/rivets and RSP's. Will make you a deal. Not selling...need to get them completed.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
There is a semi trigger bar that works just fine, but it is no longer sold for home building. Why? Because the two or three guys who've had it struggled with the installation. It's just one of those things that is easy to get right, but just as easy to get wrong.

I've had one FN30 come in for a partial rebuild that was using the Halo Mfg system. I didn't do that installation work, and the builder who did was sloppy with his cosmetics, but he got the critical locating of the trigger bar correct. I should have taken pictures of that one before it shipped, but here is the best image I have of the Halo system. When the trigger bar is (temporarily) shimmed to the correct position and a spacer made to fit the required thickness for the weld-in filler, perfect alignment with the sear is the result. Each top plate can be a little unique, so there is no standard thickness for the spacer. It's a custom job for each build.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am building my own semi triggers and sears as I really want to get my last two kits together. I am going to use Hedgehogs design as it has proven very reliable (6,000 rounds through my FN32 and 3,000 rounds through my FN30).

The Hedgehog design uses a paddle style toggle in the trigger bar arm and the original sear modified with a vertical post for actuation and a plate riveted on to attach the sear into the widened bolt slot. I will post some pictures as it progresses. His design overcomes the extra vertical thickness of the trigger bar arm by removing a slot out of the top plate and making a small corresponding notch on the rear site base.

The only thing I am going to do differently will be to insert a block into the top plate to prevent the full auto trigger from being introduced into the gun. Kris did not do this and instead blind pinned the semi trigger into the gun permanently which to me is undesirable from a maintenance/repair stand point.

Here are some pictures so far,

Cut front off full auto trigger bar-

Weld on some 3/8" bar stock for the front-

Cut out top plate for both full auto trigger blocking piece and semi trigger bar clearance (left modified, right original) -

Cut step on side of trigger bar to prevent over travel (Kris had this step on the cocking lever side I am putting it on the outside of the gun).

I will post more pictures as it progresses.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Trigger pieces - half an AR spring, a section of nail and a piece of 1/8" thick metal for the flipper. I'll make a better replacement piece for the nail later.

Assembled with the trigger bar pin as a temporary pin

It works real good, just needs some fitting. Now I can finish putting the box together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts