1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an FN36 parts set to sell? (FN36 is what this model commonly goes by though it's dated 1956 on the left side plate) I had one I was negotiating for, twice with two different people, but it changed hands again and I lost track of it. It's pictured below. I don't need the backplate as I have spadegrips for this model. I have been working on an FN site off and on for nearly a year and would like to have this gun to provide a source for photographing parts for a comparison of the variations and to flesh out my FN collection. There is only so much I can afford to buy to get info for my Web sites, but this kit I would like to get and I could use some help locating one. It was the "B" kit Ohio Ordnance sold.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm also working on a basic Browning mounts site and should have something up soon.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
868 Posts
Jon, I just bought a partial 36 kit to finish my quartet of FN brownings. I am sending the LSP off to Kris as a sample. If you want a certain picture let me know and I can take it for you. I only have the receiver box and shroud, less the top cover and internals.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
I'm hoping Kris will have the FN36 parts available soon as well. Currently I'm waiting on the FN30 semi conversion parts to show up.

Jon, how did you end up with a Spade grip assembly for the FN36? I would love to find one.

If I hear of an FN36 kit for sale I'll let you know.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got these from Dolf Goldsmith. They are the ones shown in his Volume II of the Browning series.

I have an ANM2 buffer screw in place now, but the correct buffer screw is quite different than the standard Browning buffer screw as it has a recessed screw slot which does not extend to the edges and it does not fit entirely within the buffer, but at the rear has the same OD as the buffer, protecting it from damage.

This is a detail from a photo of an FN36 found in Iraq, but apparently not an Israeli contract gun.

I'll have to make a correct buffer screw, though it will be a challenge with my feeble machining skills. I have not yet learned how to cut threads, but I suppose this is as good a time as any to learn.

I will keep an eye out for spades, though I only know of two other sets - one is missing all of the parts and is only the frame (they belong to a Board member), and the other was completed by taking a couple of parts from the set I have, and I do not know who presently owns them. I was able to replace small parts with NOS parts, and lack only the bell crank and the correct buffer screw. These will fit my FN30 and that's where they will likely end up.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts