1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning folks,

Looking to add my next mg to the collection, hopefully a belt fed! Looking for a transferable M1919 plate gun, price wise original C&R guns are gonna be out of my range. Preferable if its already setup in .30 cal but not a deal breaker.

Does not have to be a package deal with accessories, not opposed to that option but price wise I think the base gun itself is going to be where im at realistically. Looking for a good shooter, not a safe queen. Looking to be in the price range of $10k-$12k or possibly $14k on the high side...all depends I suppose! Looking to see whats out there and hopefully make a good deal!

I am located in PA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did see the two 1917s he has listed. 19k is a bit more than what I want to spend and realistically I didnt expect to find much between 10-12k...but there was a thread on here I believe discussing pricing and a few guys did mention there are deals out there in that ballpark....just a matter of finding them.

12k is not my absolute maximum budget amount...but I wanted to at least put something on here as far as that goes since ive seen a common first reply to WTB posts is asking for a persons price range....in my case emphasis on range, haha. Im just trying to see what all is out there....gotta see who is willing to sell and what they have first of course, but 12k is not my absolute max.

Im more of a "lurker" as far as the forums go here. Ive been more of a poster over on the CMP boards for a while, but I figured I gotta start somewhere right?

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
16K is the deal.
17-18 probably normal.

If your going to build one,
$1,500 for a kit
$1-2k for a professional build and refinish
So $13,000 is where you want to be on a plate for the good deal.
Thats going to be tough.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
For $12K you should be able to find a nice AC556.

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Bob had this plate for 12K earlier this year.
That’s the right price I think. To make a build worth it. Any higher and your better off getting the gun already built.
I am not familiar much with the 1917s...might be a dumb question but are the plates able to be installed in a 1919A4 host parts kit? Not sure if there are a few differences or not.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I personally wouldn’t want to pay more than 12 for just a plate. You have to consider all remaining costs. Kit, build, transfer fee, blah blah. It adds up fast. Be patient and watch the forum/Sturm etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
100% agree with everything posted. I honestly didn't even think there were this many plates available as opposed to plate guns. When I made the original post I probably misspoke. Based on my budget and wanting a shooter that I intend to use (as much as ya can these days with ammo prices) that when I posted plate gun I meant a side plate gun, not strictly the side plate itself and as opposed to an original C&R gun. My apologies, but its interesting to see that there are still a lot of plates still out there!

17k is not bad at all for a DLO. As far as plate building goes, if the price is right I am not opposed to it, as I have some experience with having had owned a semi auto build and still having some spare parts, tripod, bipod, and home rigged tripod extension, a side plate would not be totally unreasonable for me. Cantrell put it perfectly, I intend to be patient and wait for the right deal for me. Heck, its taken this long to get to this point in the MG world, this is only going to be my second MG..and for the time and money invested im not in any hurry to buy then regret. Im finally able to actually do more than window shop budget wise so every bit of information you guys have for me is much appreciated!
-Bob

·
Registered
850 Posts
This is the latest ad (below) I know of for the DLO plates. Mentioned above. When I first saw the ad I think they were $12k or offer. Was thinking of buying both but turns out seller didn't want to make take offers. I went with the plate I'm trying to get because the outside was unmarked. These from memory are marked DLO 1917A1.

of sideplate so alternate ID, logo, etc can be engraved on outside for specific BMG assembled. Can be used for 1919A4 types, or slightly modified for as needed 1928s, M37s, etc. DLO manufacture and registration. Plates ready to assemble on kit. $17.5K per plate. Brokered sale: Non-C+R; out on taxed F4s from owner; owner savvy NFA and reliable; buyer pays tax, SH&I. Offers…..
Pics available if wanted on application to [email protected]

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the latest ad (below) I know of for the DLO plates. Mentioned above. When I first saw the ad I think they were $12k or offer. Was thinking of buying both but turns out seller didn't want to make take offers. I went with the plate I'm trying to get because the outside was unmarked. These from memory are marked DLO 1917A1.

of sideplate so alternate ID, logo, etc can be engraved on outside for specific BMG assembled. Can be used for 1919A4 types, or slightly modified for as needed 1928s, M37s, etc. DLO manufacture and registration. Plates ready to assemble on kit. $17.5K per plate. Brokered sale: Non-C+R; out on taxed F4s from owner; owner savvy NFA and reliable; buyer pays tax, SH&I. Offers…..
Pics available if wanted on application to [email protected]

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Interesting...while a complete gun is definitely easier than buying a plate, right now 17k for a bare plate would be too high for me. Not opposed to it but it would definitely have to be for the right price (I know that's tough to find haha)

I appreciate all the replies! I did receive a PM from someone on here, for a 1919A6 that looks like a perfect candidate for me. Im going to continue to gather all the info available and see where things go, but so far it looks like a great match for what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I’ve recently sold two of my like new exc. condition DLO build 1919a4 .308 for $17,000 each. F4. Each w a tripod. I paid one stamp as seller. One was 2 mo. ago. The other 1 mo. ago.

So there’s two actual real live price points for you to consider. I’m an indiv , not a dealer. Both guns sold to dealers who had clients for them.

I’ll fathom that you will not find a $12,000 1919a4. Or $13,000 . Or $14,000. Etc etc.

but if you do you better not tell anyone here ... bc we’ll scoop you on it ! I 100% will. Hah.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh yeah. 1919a4 plates?

I bought my Ramo plate for $12,500 about 8 yrs ago or so. And my understanding is there are NOT many of them around unbuilt. I never see them up for sale.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Did anyone on this forum just win that Tiffany Arms built Colt 1928 (Group Ind. RHSP) that just closed at auction on GunSpot?
It seemed like a really good deal.

Richard

1 - 20 of 32 Posts