1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I can't get into to see the price - they still have my login F'd up. what did it sell for ? I sold my tiffany RAMO plate gun a while back and got a decent price, but not what I expected to get .....

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I can't get into to see the price - they still have my login F'd up. what did it sell for ? I sold my tiffany RAMO plate gun a while back and got a decent price, but not what I expected to get .....
Looks like the price was $12k.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I sat there and watched the clock run out on it,,, the GunSpot auctions don't extend time either when there is a last minute bid, AND the bid increment is 1$.
Thought about it a lot, but it just doesn't fit in with what I collect, and I have learned my lesson about buying just because the price was right., I have to want it too.
Usually right after I buy a "good deal" something that I was really seeking comes along and I don't have the funds.
MWT has been trying to move that M37 since Feb, had a buyer back out and it was available again in May.
I had received decent pictures of it that MWT had sent.
They were asking about $16K.
I believe it was a Craig Jordan build (Tiffany Arms).
The MG market is hard to follow right now, seems like smaller easier to use guns are where the $$$ go.

Richard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I sat there and watched the clock run out on it,,, the GunSpot auctions don't extend time either when there is a last minute bid, AND the bid increment is 1$.
Thought about it a lot, but it just doesn't fit in with what I collect, and I have learned my lesson about buying just because the price was right., I have to want it too.
Usually right after I buy a "good deal" something that I was really seeking comes along and I don't have the funds.
MWT has been trying to move that M37 since Feb, had a buyer back out and it was available again in May.
I had received decent pictures of it that MWT had sent.
They were asking about $16K.
I believe it was a Craig Jordan build (Tiffany Arms).
The MG market is hard to follow right now, seems like smaller easier to use guns are where the $$$ go.

Richard
Perfect way to sum up exactly my thoughts! I used to do those kinds of purchases all the time...and with this amount of money I thought the same...definitely a good deal provided that whoever won it wasn't willing to go higher at the last minute...but it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I know a lot of parts between 1917's and 1919's can be interchanged but Id much prefer an air cooled BMG in .30 cal. Idk if its a big deal or not to simply swap the barrel and internals on that setup or what all is involved with the water jacket so I pretty much took the same approach you did. For the amount of money these things cost I'm definitely not in a hurry to throw cash at something just because its a good deal even if its minor details. If its a matter of just unbolting or unscrewing a few parts and swapping them out, well then eff me I missed out haha.

I hope thats the case everywhere with smaller easy to use guns, Ive seen several 1919's for sale on the big dealer websites for the last year or so and I have to laugh that they're all sold now that Im ready to buy. Ive learned to be patient when dealing with MG's, ya really dont have too much of a choice haha. I will wait for the right deal for me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure if you guys caught it,
a fresh 1919A4 rebuild sold on STURM last week for 15K.

Here was the ad:

1. On consignment (First set of 6 pictures) Fully transferable 1919 A 4. .308 Phoenix Arms side plate (Houston Tx) that was just rebuilt by Rollin at Rouge Island arsenal. The gun has been test fired only by Rollin since the build and runs great. built on an Israeli 7.62 kit. bore is nice. the test fire video is available by email request. (gun only, no accessories)

$15K + ship and ins.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for all the replies....currently going through the process on a deal...can update once things progress or start a new topic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone on this forum just win that Tiffany Arms built Colt 1928 (Group Ind. RHSP) that just closed at auction on GunSpot?
It seemed like a really good deal.

Richard
Wow, I would have expected it to go much higher. Somebody snagged a deal

21 - 32 of 32 Posts