1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
This kills me. At one time I hade 14 sets of these stacked up that I could not give away. I would have loved to sell you a few. However they did sell bit by bit and are all gone now. The Maxim parts have really mostly dried up.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Yes they have Matt. And just like everything else that has dried up when something come to market it sell's for what we call Crazy prices. That's what happens when there is no longer a supply and there is still a demand. I too had loads of Maxim parts. Still do. to a point. Wish i had bought more.Cause now from what i see the parts are selling for very high prices. You know things are getting tight when Dennis is needing things.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its sad when I have to turn dummy gun into semi builds away because lack of parts. Think I'm gonna get a trade in program going with IMA for their uncut recoil plates on their dummy builds as they are the source of most of the dummy guns out there.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Yes they have Matt. And just like everything else that has dried up when something come to market it sell's for what we call Crazy prices. That's what happens when there is no longer a supply and there is still a demand. I too had loads of Maxim parts. Still do. to a point. Wish i had bought more.Cause now from what i see the parts are selling for very high prices. You know things are getting tight when Dennis is needing things.
Yeah, I think we have lived through the fun time of MG parts everywhere. In the future these parts are going to be near impossible to find anywhere.

Its sad when I have to turn dummy gun into semi builds away because lack of parts. Think I'm gonna get a trade in program going with IMA for their uncut recoil plates on their dummy builds as they are the source of most of the dummy guns out there.
I really wish they would just machine in the hole for the crank into the dummy sideplate. Then rather than cutting them, the could just remove the crank and fusee spring crank and and put it together with the sideplate. You probably could work a deal where you offered to trade them out some if you swapped over the parts for them. Its a shame you don't live closer. Maybe they would at least stop cutting more...

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Gents, you could turn some of these guns back into machine guns with the form 4 side plates I have for sale.

PJH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts