1919 A4 Forums banner

Wtb Izzy .308 Blank Adapter

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DELMILTRUCKS 
#1 ·
I AM LOOKING FOR A BLANK ADAPTER FOR MY IZZY 1919A4 .308. ANY IDEAS? MY EMAIL ADDY IS KCGONZO@AOL.COM

#3 ·
easiest way to modify for blanks is to tap the booster from the back side and install a short bolt with a hole. 3/16" (i think) to let the gasses out. Tap size is somewhere around 1/2", it has been discussed here before with the dimensions. Use the search button and dig for a little and you shall find.

#4 ·
thanks for the info

thanks for the info on the blank adapter. i was figuring my only option was to pick up an extra booster, thread the id, turn and thread a bushing to plug it then bore the bushing to the appropriate diameter. i will try to find the thread on what diameter to bore it. i was affraid to bore too small and end up with too high of a pressure. if i bored too large, i would have to start over. thanks again bernie

#5 ·
Take the plug and start with a large size and have a few more with smaller sizes,,,work down the size untill you get full function,,It will also depend on who makes your blanks,,some are hotter than others. Swansons are great in my Garand , M1 carbine & 1897 trench shotgun!

#6 ·
I you are doing the machining yourself just make a slip fit or even jam fit bushing into the booster. All you need is a scrap of aluminum with a slight shoulder on it to keep it from shooting out. Drill it out until it will not function any more then make a real one that threads into the booster. ALSO, remember that if you are using a shorter than standard barrel you may need to adjust your booster size accordingly, just like when using live rounds.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.