1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Go for it. I couldn't find the parts and traded the parts kit some years ago.
I appreciate that, I have been going down this rabbit hole since the spring Creek '16..... Thanks to a few unnamed "friends" 馃檮馃ぃ
Who? ABCB? Who is that long lost stranger?
Hey Chuck, I've been wanting to get in touch with you for a set of your M60 semi build plans. PM me your payment info.
Thanks,
Ed

Registered
The plans/prints I have are a mix of, the best I can tell, revisions 1,2,and 3.... I am 90% there. Feeds, fires, extracts, and ejects...but not reliably. Just needs a little tuning. Hoping your plans can shed a little light.

Premium Member
Well JRW has been dead for many years.
His design does require a bunch of tinkering.
I don't think he made two exactly alike.

If you got one that runs or ran strait from him it was a unicorn. And you should never have sold it.

The bottom rail you have could work but you will have to fill in the big opening in the bottom.
The right side rail will work as well.
It is the left side rail that has been modified. You could modify yours but you would need to have a machine shop and some welding skills.

I know of a few other people with them still trying to get them to run reliably.
Maybe you will have better luck.

I'm not aware that the U.S ordnance profile differs any from JRW unless your talking about D E3, E4 variants.
Have fun.
GW
The design was actually the work of Eugene P. and his design did work it was JRW that kept trying to reinvent the wheel and kept trying to modify it which is why very few of his builds are a like and most don't work. He should have never tried to change the design nor should he have sold the guns that didn't work because it is not a build for most guys and he left a lot of guys holding very expensive guns that did not work. There are some good designs out there so do your homework because when they run properly they are fun and I would onw one but they are too new for my tastes. Good luck on the build and keep us posted.

Premium Member
I appreciate that, I have been going down this rabbit hole since the spring Creek '16..... Thanks to a few unnamed "friends" 馃檮馃ぃ

Sorry Ed I know I kind of pushed you down that rabbit hole but that's what friends are for.

Registered

Sorry Ed I know I kind of pushed you down that rabbit hole but that's what friends are for.
No worries Russ. This has been a long term project, but one I have enjoyed. I do love a good challenge! And you wouldn't have been able to push me down this hole if I hadn't been leaning so far over the edge having a look!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
There have been a few others who have made sure I didn't escape. The really good friends are the ones that help keep your wallet from getting moldy! (y)

Registered
Long time lurker here. spend most time on WG.

ABCB got a nice deal. My son's JRW works pretty well until occasionally the small trip lever "E" clip pops off. Seems the bar needs a little tweak to keep the pressure off the "E" clip.

If anyone has some insight on this issue we're all ears.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts