1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting together a display gun from crushed and chopped parts. I need a trunnion and other parts to complete this project. parts just need to be usable in a display. this will never be a complete gun so a torched trunnion will work. I also need a booster, a barrel and a barrel shroud.
thanks

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
FWIW I have used black iron pipe from home depot for a couple display guns and I think it was about 4.00 for a piece or just grab one of Sarco's wet n' rusty ones for 20.00. I might have a top plate and will look.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW I have used black iron pipe from home depot for a couple display guns and I think it was about 4.00 for a piece or just grab one of Sarco's wet n' rusty ones for 20.00. I might have a top plate and will look.
I did not find any on the sarco site.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I have a left plate with no cams I think. Made by CaTco for a F/A gun I rebuilt. Slightly out of spec but, hey, Itll be cheap. Ill look this weekend. J

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Got a bolt with the extractor groove broken out on one side but it would work for a dummy gun. Need that? It's yours.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am still working on this project. I am calling it victim of captain crunch because all the parts I have collected up have suffered the effects of meeting with captain crunch.
I still need a trunion, barrel jacket (I have some chopped jacket pieces but no muzzle end piece)
the side plate pieces I have are missing the front section. They were chopped behind the trunnion by captain crunch.

what I plan to do is tack weld these parts together to make a display gun showing the damage but also do a propane conversion to it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think I have a jacket and end piece (booster). Also have a warn out barrel if needed. I will have to dig in the storage area and see
Weasel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts