1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says.

Also looking for an M1 front hand-guard.
M1- M1A1 Ejector.
M1 or M1A1 Sling.

I have cash - or trade items.

MP44 mags.
MP40 mags.
Lot's of accessories.

[email protected]
or, DM me - Thanks!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Trade pending with another collector -

And I ordered the small parts from Apex Gun Parts - thanks you!

MP43 mag going out. Fingers crossed, lol.

Thank you, gang!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apex came through - original S marked parts fed-ex delivery.

All fitted like they were hand picked - nice!

very nice.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Apex came through - original S marked parts fed-ex delivery.

All fitted like they were hand picked - nice!

very nice.
Glad to know you are happy with the parts that you received.
The deal my Mail Order Supervisor worked with FedEx is pretty nice.
Most orders get shipped 2nd day with no additional shipping cost to the customer.
The mail order people have set the goal to get orders shipped out next day.
It makes the first day of the week VERY busy!

I wish we had something on the web site you wanted to trade for the MP-44 magazines!

Richard

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Richard - I cannot PM you - but you need to reverse the pictures of Thompson ejectors on your website.
The 1928 is the long one. (has to go through the receiver at an angle)
The M1 is the short one. (comes in through the flat side)

Need to swap out this ejector - what's amusing is that quite a few thousand dollars worth of gun revolves around a $9 part, lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hi Richard - I cannot PM you - but you need to reverse the pictures of Thompson ejectors on your website.
The 1928 is the long one. (has to go through the receiver at an angle)
The M1 is the short one. (comes in through the flat side)

Need to swap out this ejector - what's amusing is that quite a few thousand dollars worth of gun revolves around a $9 part, lol.
Thank you for letting me know.
I have corrected both the listings.
Curious that we have sold over 30 of each part and apparently not one of these was returned!

I have PM's disabled on every forum where I am a member because I missed CS problems that were PM'd to me.
[email protected]
That is where messages get checked 5 days a week and most all issues get resolved.

Richard

·
Premium Member
5,223 Posts
Kudo's for APEX they rock! They always have what I am looking for so I am glad they were able to help you and you can't beat their customer service it is the best.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,989 Posts
I acquired a Thompson M1 or M1A1 bolt just by chance. I need to see which one it is, but I have not seen them for sale and do not know the value. I've only dealt with 1928A1 parts. Anyone know what the M1 and M1A1 bolts sell for? It's stripped, I think, but NOS.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Rollin, The M1A1 bolt has 2 parts...the bolt and the extractor. The M1 bolt has the bolt body, extractor, firing pin, firing pin spring, hammer and hammer pin for a total of 6 parts.
Here's an example of just the M1A1 Bolt face. http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2012/01/23/283885_02_thompson_sub_machine_gun_bolts_640.jpg

And these are the parts that make up the original M1 style ...other than the bolt body itself.

I hope life is treating you well my friend...life gets stranger every day.

TiredIron

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,989 Posts
Rollin, The M1A1 bolt has 2 parts...the bolt and the extractor. The M1 bolt has the bolt body, extractor, firing pin, firing pin spring, hammer and hammer pin for a total of 6 parts.
Here's an example of just the M1A1 Bolt face. http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2012/01/23/283885_02_thompson_sub_machine_gun_bolts_640.jpg

And these are the parts that make up the original M1 style ...other than the bolt body itself.

I hope life is treating you well my friend...life gets stranger every day.

TiredIron
Thanks, my friend. All is good here, generally speaking. But yes, life is getting interesting at times. I even had a guy ask me about a Dual Feed build. (It's still all your fault!) ;)

I appreciate the info. I had the general knowledge about the fixed firing pin in the bolt face on the M1A1, I just needed to get the bolt out and look. But now I have the full picture on the complete assemblies and that helps. What I have is an NOS M1A1 bolt, which I have no expectation of needing. I have a running 1928A1 postie on a Savage kit. Given the price of TSMG kits these days, I have no intentions of doing an M1/M1A1 build. It seems the 1928 series parts are far more common and less expensive. So, I'll figure out what the bolt is worth and maybe put it up for sale someday.

Thanks again, and hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,231 Posts
I just smile sitting on a complete M1A1 kit with a Doug Richardson " dummy" receiver , original and Lyman rear sight ,a 28 finned and comped barrel ,vertical fore end ,pile of 30 rd mags too 😝!!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
11,989 Posts
Indeed, BFF, you are well invested there! My postie 1928A1 is, as I think you know, built on a Doug Richardson Ultimax receiver blank. I put a vertical fore end on it because it is better for shooting and, well, it looks more cool, lol. While I also installed the Lyman sight, in practice I can see why they went to something simpler. It's really overkill I think, though it adds value and is does look good.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,231 Posts
Oh don`t i know it He He He $275 for the kit back in the day ,$400 for Doug`s full front half finished receiver 20 odd years ago the only thing it lacked was the bolt handle which i have ........Oh i have a 27A1 semi i just don`t have the viola case 😰 or a drum !!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious that we have sold over 30 of each part and apparently not one of these was returned!
Yes, I thought I had made the mistake, so I posted the issue with photos on the Machinegunboards Thompson forum and was informed about the reversed images on your site.

It's all good, we'll get it resolved, otherwise it was awesome service and I'm very happy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts