1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for a few b.a.r items to increase my display/wwii use.

Looking for :

Early butt swivel with monopod cup

A b.a.r. bandolier (3 pocket I believe)

M1 magazine chest

NOS leather tool box. Strap must not be brittle and can go into metal securing tab without too much trouble (had a lead for one here, but got side tracked when got hospitalized last year and forgot whom I talked to)

May be interested in other b.a.r. items not listed.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I have a number of BAR parts and magazines available. PM sent.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Early cupped swivel . Last year when I needed one for my new wood buttstock noone had them except OOW . They don't sell thier stash because they are building complete guns , as a rule , but this they did because they are not using these in thier current builds,

Bandoleer-----left or right ? Or one of each ?

Mag chest ..... be sure strap is in good shape . There is no way to fix them except to remove the holders , afix the strap , and replace them . You can just rivit a new strap on , but it will not be correct in either looks or length.

mags----plenty out there.

spare parts box ...fairly common ...look out for the ones cut in the rear for a belt.....may also be listed under Thompson acc.

Hope this helps . I have all of these but no spares so I'm not looking for a sale.
Chris

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Anyone looking for original barrels I have 12 I plan on selling. WWI Colt, WRA, Marlin, and WWII NESA, IBM along with one Belgian post war US profile barrel.

All except one of the NESA barrels appear to be in unused condition, few scuffs from being improperly stored by the previous owner.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mags and bolt accounted for.

Still desperately looking for a decent "machine rifle ammunition chest m1" box for carrying bar mags.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got hands on a m1a1 chest thats great shape and was painted over. also got template what the dividers looked like, so Ill just build this up to M1 specs as the ones ive seen on ebay lately have been roached to say least. .

if anyone has a real M1 chest, could they take pics of the felt material used on bottom and lid, and or know where could find close match material to what they used.

also could use some clear pics of the stenciling, with size of letters, and total width of the "machine rifle ammunition chest M1" so i can make a stencile and put on the bare side id be greatful

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
just got hands on a m1a1 chest thats great shape and was painted over. also got template what the dividers looked like, so Ill just build this up to M1 specs as the ones ive seen on ebay lately have been roached to say least. .

if anyone has a real M1 chest, could they take pics of the felt material used on bottom and lid, and or know where could find close match material to what they used.

also could use some clear pics of the stenciling, with size of letters, and total width of the "machine rifle ammunition chest M1" so i can make a stencile and put on the bare side id be greatful

I have seen that drawing, now all I have to do is find it. IIRC the material is linoleum not felt, but I could be wrong, its happened before

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here are the M1 Machine Rifle Ammunition Chest drawings

Here are few drawings I have that may answer some of your questions. The inside of the chest uses "packing felt" according to the drawing D3919.

Here is a copy:

D3920 is the drawing and drawing list for the chest:

D41484 shows how high the lettering should be (1/2"), in black.

"...a coat of olive drab lusterless enamel shall be applied" as an overall color of the chest.

I hope this helps.

Gatekeeper

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Look up "grey petersham" for the packing felt. It is the same product used as the liner for Indian War canteens. (under the canvas cover). In various weights it is also what appears in the innards of WWI canteen covers. Different weights are different stiffness and density. Furniture upholsterers will have this. J

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the packing felt info guys. Why I love this forum :) once I get all my things done up ect, and finish transforming my semiautomatic bar to look like a wwii (only thing waiting on is usgi bolt) bar I'll post pics of my collection I've amassed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aquired alot of what ive been looking for.

still looking for an early buttstock sling swivel assembly with monopod cup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts