1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a few accessories to complete my Maxim display.
If you have a nice piano lock box or a steam chest please let me know. I am also looking to find some brass pieces for my Sokolov mount and a brass fusee cover.
I have a steel mount and could trade any of my mount parts plus cash if you want to keep your mount complete and not part it out, or I would consider a complete mount if need be.
Will be looking for anything I can find at the Knob Creek show but thought I would try here first and see if anything is out there. I would also like to find one of the early riveted
ammo boxes with the communist star on it. Please let me know if you have any of these items and what you need for them, "Thank-you".
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
IMA has repro stamped brass fusee covers that are copies of post 1917 steel types and so marked, but no stamped brass fusee covers were ever made at any time for the 1910s
As you may know, the 1905 Russian and early style Maxim brass fusee covers were cast, not stamped. It is possible, but unlikely, that an original 1905 brass fusee cover, might turn up but it will cost a few thousand dollars or more. I know of one available for trade, but the trade items wanted are unobtainable.
IMA has post-1917 riveted 1910 belt cans.
As far as Russian made water condensing cans for the 1910s, none have turned up that I know of. The only ones offered are Finn cans. Collectors Source in Canada had these for a while, but I don't see them listed on their site now. IMA sells a repro of the typical WWI German can.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a couple german 500 round ww1 steel ammo cans with the partition to sell, but you are looking for Russian ones?
PM sent, Thank-you.
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMA has repro stamped brass fusee covers that are copies of post 1917 steel types and so marked, but no stamped brass fusee covers were ever made at any time for the 1910s
As you may know, the 1905 Russian and early style Maxim brass fusee covers were cast, not stamped. It is possible, but unlikely, that an original 1905 brass fusee cover, might turn up but it will cost a few thousand dollars or more. I know of one available for trade, but the trade items wanted are unobtainable.
IMA has post-1917 riveted 1910 belt cans.
As far as Russian made water condensing cans for the 1910s, none have turned up that I know of. The only ones offered are Finn cans. Collectors Source in Canada had these for a while, but I don't see them listed on their site now. IMA sells a repro of the typical WWI German can.
Bob, I don't believe IMA has any of those brass covers left but I will ask Walter if they do. As you know I usually share a table or two with him at the Knob Creek show.
I realize they are not correct for the M1910 but I am only looking to dress it up a bit. A repro can is fine and yes I have only seen the SA Finish marked cans as well.
I appreciate all your expertise you are always willing to share, "Thank-you". :thumbup:
CaptMax

1 - 4 of 4 Posts