1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase a repro bipod for MG 08/15. Or any kind of adapter to mount on a tripod, or a tripod system already converted to be used for the MG 08/15. I am also looking for any ideas and drawings to construct a simple/crude trench mount. I am crafty with wood and have had plenty of experience in school making baseball bats / candle holders / carvings, etc. The trench mount would be a reflection of something that a German trench machinegunner would have made out of available wood under time constrains.

Email me directly at statelaw1987 (at) yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I don't think I have ever seen anything built from wood for the MG08/15. They had an early bipod but it was made from metal that clamped around the jacket. I have seen some MG08s leather strapped to a wood board with a spike on the bottom but thats about as close as you get.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

The design I am think of now is going to be a wood pole about 20 inches in height and 2 inches in diameter. Its going to be cut out on top to accept the inner ring on the 08/15 receiver bipod mount. This pole is going to be thinner at the bottom and will slide into a base from the top. The base top is square with a hole in the center, it will have 4 notches on each side. Each notch will accept a leg that will slide in from the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts