1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Awesome man, I have one too. I am working on some ammo for it. Very slowly working on the ammo for it. If you want in on the ammo email me at [email protected]. I would be pushing the ammo a bit more but I just bought a 1914 Hotchkiss and a Tommy gun and I am a bit broke... Maybe mid next year.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Oh its in 50... I guess thats good and bad.

Good luck on the bipod. Watch GB, they come up ever few years. Of course I assume you know a regular 08/15 bipod will work.

I have had 4 or 5 of these bipods over the years. I still have 2. One came on my 08/15, so I don't want to break that up and one for the T-Gewehr. Both mine have the cast feet. I would not mind picking up or trading for one with stamped feet.

Sometimes you see them on 08/15s. You might try and have a spare 08/15 bipod and then offer to trade the seller of a 08/15 out for the bipod plus some cash to make it worth his time. He is unlikely to get much for a MG08/15 with that bipod, so he might take that as a bonus to the gun sale. However he is going to want one in trade as everyone wants a bipod with the gun.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I appreciate the sentiment. Yeah 50 is a whole can of worms itself, but I’m hoping that it’ll be a nice shooter and not just a wall hanger, that is considering that I can take more than 2 shots at a time!

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I am also looking for the tubular bipod which was originally for the T Gewehr, but it is still historically correct to use the traditional 08/15 bipod as Matt says. Some imagery for interest.
Trousers Plant Military uniform Military person Helmet

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.