1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I'm looking for a barrel for a Yugo M53 build I'm working on. 7.62x51. Seems these have dried up. Any help appreciated.

Bigjoe

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have been hunting for another 308 barrel too. I would love to see APEX have some new 308 barrels made. Has anyone tried the APEX 8mm barrels? If so what did you think of mounting the barrel to a barrel extension? Also, if anyone still has a 308 barrel to sell please let me know.

James

·
Registered
869 Posts
Richard,

Lets talk at the creek on barrels. Id be interested in the work.

Chris

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Richard,

Lets talk at the creek on barrels. Id be interested in the work.

Chris

Chris,
Let us know here if you are going to make MG42 or MG34 barrels in 308 out of 1919 izzy barrels, not now but maybe in a few months when I have the cash I would be interested in some. I am running low on my 8mm ( got my FA mg42 working:cool:) and will need 308 barrels, mostly for the MG34, I got about 17 308 MG42 barrels but might need more of those also.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ive done 2 piece blank barrels for both the 34 and 42 before, so have all the programming basically done for a live barrel. This is all do able, but it isnt a market i want to get into alone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I like this talk of having new barrels produced. I would think that the market is there seeing mg42 .308 barrels on gunbroker. Luckily I found one barrel for a good price this year but I am welding up two semi mg42's...poor guns have to share. I may have to tease APEX over the phone and on the forum a little more to get some produced.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have been looking for a few barrels. I just cant bring myself to pay the GunBroker prices. Looks like the going rate is >$400 per barrel w/ extension.

I would love if Apex could have a batch made up. How much teasing do you think we have to do for Apex to place the order? :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts