1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need an MG-34 cocking handle, either the handle by itself or the complete assembly; and the recoil buffer socket / cup that goes into the butt . I need good condition, useable parts. If you have any to spare, please pm me and let me know what you want for them. Thanks!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a buffer housing / socket. I still need a good, useable MG-34 cocking / charging handle, either the handle by itself or the complete assembly. Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I don’t understand why these are so hard to find and so expensive? Do they break often?
I bought an extra at the creek many years ago for $75 when at the time most were over $200. Unfortunately I sold it as someone else needed it more than me. Good luck and I hope you can find one reasonably priced.
CaptMax

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That post is almost 6 years old. I did end up getting a good spare. Thanks for the thought, though. And I agree with you 100% the prices for these are crazy. I don’t know about how often the break, I just always lay in spare parts when I can when I have a 75 + year old ( in this case) weapon I want to keep running. Eventually the cost of original parts will get to the point where someone can fabricated brand new ones for less and still make money and the problem will be solved. Until then, sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and throw hard to get what you want.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I don’t understand why these are so hard to find and so expensive? Do they break often?
I bought an extra at the creek many years ago for $75 when at the time most were over $200. Unfortunately I sold it as someone else needed it more than me. Good luck and I hope you can find one reasonably priced.
CaptMax
APEX has had a lot of requests for that part.
One seeker explained that if you let the gun set for some time after firing the barrel locks into the booster (carbon, rust, etc)
If you get energetic with the charging handle trying to break loose the stuck action, the handle will fail, usually quite damaged from the effort.
The bit of wisdom that was related so to get the action unstuck without breaking the charging handle was to remove the stock, and "pogo" the buffer onto something solid (block of wood) with the muzzle pointed up.
This also works for the MG-15.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts