1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a MG34 charging handle in good condition. I know they are scarce but someone may have a spare.

Thanks,

CT

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
There were several on a vendors table at the creek ($150), sorry I don't remember who it was. :(
CaptMax

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was at the Creek on Friday. Somehow I must have missed them. They were on my list to find. Maybe someone remembers who.

Thanks,
CT

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
My guess would be Allegheny Arsenal or BRP Corp.

Not something I was searching for so I am only guessing, sorry.
Nope, both of those were in isle "C" this year and the handles were in either "A" or "B".
That I do remember.
CaptMax

·
Registered
885 Posts
I have inquired for cocking handles at both Allegheny and BRP recently, as well as TNW, and have been told "nope" by all three. I have managed to pick up 2 spares on eBay in "lot deals" where I got a good price because they were listed as German gun parts or such and not as MG-34 parts. . They show up from time to time under the "MG34" search, but go for a lot - - $175 +. They are out there, you just need to be patient and jump on it when you see it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I've checked with all of the normal places on line and nothing, RTG, Allegany, BRP, Sarco, Numrich Gunbroker, Ebay. etc. Will keep looking.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the guy that had the three cocking handles at Knob Creek is the guy with the 20mm bolt rifle. I believe he goes by Anzio Iron Works or something like that. A Google search for the Anzio 20mm bolt rifle should turn up some contact info.
Their table is about 2/3rds of the way back in Row C at KCR.

*edit - found a web address: http://www.anzioironworks.com

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mg34 parts

Off topic but my thread, PBB, did you ever get your M60 running? Do you machine parts for them? This is another project I'm trying to work on.

CT

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I did, but lost intrest, the Jrw system is a little complicated and delicate. I mostly finished one up using the US Ord design, which is much simpler and alot closer to bullet proof. I believe the only things I have left are a few trunions, Channels from Dave and maybe a set of rails. I sold my last two parts sets a few months back to help fund a new metal building. Ill dig out the 60 stuff next week and continue conversation via PM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts