1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early (non-D.P.) British Vickers MG WWI tripod (circa 1917) in very nice condition. It has a couple of parts on it from a Turkish tripod. Looking for the the cross head elevation wheel and the elevation body (called a Tumbler).

Appreciate you looking through your stuff to see if you have one.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have an early (non-D.P.) British Vickers MG WWI tripod (circa 1917) in very nice condition. It has a couple of parts on it from a Turkish tripod. Looking for the the cross head elevation wheel and the elevation body (called a Tumbler).

Still looking .....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Vickers parts.

I have a Vickers crosshead with the tumbler/ elevating screw installed; in addition, I also have the elevating wheel, brass nut, and sundry other parts (pointer, pin(s), etc. The crosshead has had the raised designation cast into the
sides ground off as it was part of a Turkish Vickers tripod. $500 USD for the lot. Regards, Steve.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi Steve,
Sounds like you have the whole cradle there. I only need the two pieces of which the tumbler (body) is of most interest to me. It is not cost effective for me to buy the whole cross head but I do appreciate you responding to my post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Steve,
Sounds like you have the whole cradle there. I only need the two pieces of which the tumbler (body) is of most interest to me. It is not cost effective for me to buy the whole cross head but I do appreciate you responding to my post.
You can have the tumbler and the wheel for $200USD. The elevating screws - inner and outer - are included as are the jamming nut and bolt, the pointer, the brass nut, and the 2 tumbler pins. Please advise. Steve.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can have the tumbler and the wheel for $200USD. The elevating screws - inner and outer - are included as are the jamming nut and bolt, the pointer, the brass nut, and the 2 tumbler pins. Please advise. Steve.
Hi Steve,
Sounds good, please email me at: cedula39880 (at) mypacks.net

1 - 6 of 6 Posts