1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents,

Now that I finally scored a tripod, I need a pintle for my 1917A1 watercooled. I'd really prefer an early short one, but please let me know what you have. Thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
You can get a pintle for the later style tripod and saw off the extra length. Will look and act just like the original short ones

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get a pintle for the later style tripod and saw off the extra length. Will look and act just like the original short ones
Yeah, and I'm willing to go that route... but I can't even find one of those! The new made ones don't have the step at the base needed, so those are out... 🙁

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, and I'm willing to go that route... but I can't even find one of those! The new made ones don't have the step at the base needed, so those are out... 🙁
Most of the long ones do not have the step in them that I have had in the past I had to machine them in so make sure if you find a long one it has the step some do

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there were a bunch on ebay at one point. I think new repos but the one I got was quality
Did it have the proper step at the base?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah.... doesn't appear to have the correct step in it for the 1917A1.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
I have one but am leaving town until Thursday night.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one but am leaving town until Thursday night.
Ok, no worries. Please let me know what you want for it once you get back. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Got you covered B. it is in the mail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts