1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
11,296 Posts
Original poster, the response is from a new member. Please handle with care and use something like PayPal only so you can protect yourself. Unsure if this is a legitimate account or not

·
BeltFed GURU
4,306 Posts
Here M2 Pintle, Current Production, New $54.99 It is Sarco so they may be made in India .....
I just bought 2 casue i am going to do Evil things to them , 1 is going to get straight shanked to fit an MG3 gun ring RTG used to sell and the other is going to be modified for my black powder "French 75 " 1.750 bore to drop on my M3 pod with T&E or i might eventually built split trial wheeled mount with an M2 / 3 socket bushing ............. Ordered on the 6th on the way on the 9th give me a few days and i can tell you the quality of them or lack .

·
BeltFed GURU
4,306 Posts
Mine was built by Dominic Carpenter and the recoil assembly is a spring the slide "Box" under the barrel ,i just bought the barrel/ recoil assembly and had him leave off the muzzle fins the real deal had for assembly in the field . 400 Gr. of cannon grade powder under a 1 Lb ball is max charge , slap hammer ignition using anything from a .22 ram set blank to No.10 cap or musket cap with the right nipple ....... Pics may be a problem as i own no camera or smart phone .....

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
No Problem . I have a camera and access to Patton's WW2 range with 6KM of rough terrain backup if you go high . Rocky slopes and sheer rock faces . I'll even throw in some #10 caps or .22 ram set blanks ( #1 through #4 ) .
I've a book around here on the 50BMG where it has a bunch of pics of a General's mobile artillery piece of a mini wheeled towed carriage with a M2HB on top . It would be neat to copy something from WW2 .

Let me know , Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh cool. I saw those cheaper pintles and didnt know what to think of them. Are they any good, or are there issues? You're right that they do appear very cheap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh cool. I saw those cheaper pintles and didnt know what to think of them. Are they any good, or are there issues? You're right that they do appear very cheap.
I have one that my buddy bought. It seems ok. I really don’t trust them and am personally going to stick with usgi stuff. The real Pintles will last forever and always hold value.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one that my buddy bought. It seems ok. I really don’t trust them and am personally going to stick with usgi stuff. The real Pintles will last forever and always hold value.
I picked up a pintle from... I think it was either sarco or global optics. It's a repro, and some of the surface is a bit rough (cast?) but overall it seems mechanically quite fine, and the bearing surfaces have been turned on a lathe, so there's no odd friction when it's in the bushing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mikemotortradefex is definitely a scammer. He didn’t get me, but I have him trying to sell me a spade grip using pics off of a 2016 sturm post. DO NOT buy from him. I have his cashapp and PayPal addresses so people know to watch out for them.

PayPal is [email protected] and cashapp is $barrycwife.
He WOULD NOT take money order. Adamant about online sources of pay. Beware!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Huh, that's a damned shame. It's odd that he'd refuse a money order since those are non refundable/ non contestable, unless his place of residence happens to be a red flag.

Hopefully it gets sorted out, let me look and see where I found mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am almost 100% positive he is outside of the US. His PayPal screenshot he sent me shows his PayPal balance in “USD”. When you are in the US, it just shows your balance. No USD following the numbers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here it is Stephen, it's a reproduction, but the quality seems to be pretty decent. I believe you can find them elsewhere for a bit less, I was lucky enough to grab one at a discount.

·
Registered
11 Posts
And as far as a pintle goes, I bought one off Amazon for $40 just to use as a tester for welding it to a mount. It’s surprisingly awesome. Meh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
And as far as a pintle goes, I bought one off Amazon for $40 just to use as a tester for welding it to a mount. It’s surprisingly awesome. Meh.
Well there you go. I need to pick up a spare bushing someplace to fabricate a pedestal mount once this thing is off the ground. I believe I've seen them floating around.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for confirming our suspicions on him.

Do you have a link for where on Amazon they are $40? Seems most others are more expensive.

Btw, are the Aim Sports ones the same as the other ones that are sold by Sarco and on Amazon/ebay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for confirming our suspicions on him.

Do you have a link for where on Amazon they are $40? Seems most others are more expensive.

Btw, are the Aim Sports ones the same as the other ones that are sold by Sarco and on Amazon/ebay?

Thanks!
Here is the link for the pintle on Amazon!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts