1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is not at all like the part used on the M1919.
The M37 rear cartridge stop is very similar to the Browning AN-M2 .30 cal part as pictured on the GPC web site:

FYI: GPC is out of stock on the above part!

Please e-mail me if you have a spare that you can sell.

[email protected]

THANKS!

Sledge

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link...
I have a couple of inquiries out to gun parts companies, awaiting answers.
M37 parts are not as easy to locate as I thought!
I knew I needed a front cartridge stop, and located one, but I didn't know the rear was actually a modified front stop!
It doesn't fit properly so is loose and is wide enough that the extractor rubs.

Sledge

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I received the M37 rear cartridge stop from Rick at BMG parts.
He was very fast on shipping and did a professional job of packing the part.
The cartridge stop is a perfect exact fit and replaces the modified front cartridge stop that the previous owner had stuck in the M37 in place of the REAR cartridge stop.
FYI, using the front stop in the rear isn't a good solution!
It contacted the extractor (made a shiny spot), sat too high & wobbled, caught the belt feed pawl arm when opening the top cover and blocked the use of the link chute.

Sledge

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
is there a part number on it ? I need 2 myself and would prefer to look for them at the creek, could you possibly take a picture of it beside some normal ones ?

THANKS !!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there a part number on it ? I need 2 myself and would prefer to look for them at the creek, could you possibly take a picture of it beside some normal ones ?

THANKS !!!
Here is the picture from Rick's web page:

The part itself isn't numbered.
Part number in the manual is #7188655 (same as PN on Rick's picture!)
Also, the AN-M2 part won't fit without alteration.

Hope that info helps!

Sledge

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
There are a number of very unique components on the M37 that are very difficult to find. The rear cartridge stop is among them, though the fronts seem to be a bit more common. I've been trying to find an extra bolt and extractor for a customer for some months now, including trips to KCR and SAR with no luck. I am resorting to helping out the customer from my gun build parts inventory, hoping I can replace the parts in time. But Rick at BMG Parts does have a few of those rear stops currently, and if you think you can find them cheaper anywhere, good luck. Rare as they are, that's a bargain price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts