1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recoil plates for the 1910 Maxim. My kit ended up having the cut ones. Let me know what you have a show much$

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm looking for recoil plates for the 1910 Maxim. My kit ended up having the cut ones. Let me know what you have a show much. Can they be modified to fit a 1910?<

I'll toss this in here, too, just for your information since it might be useful.
The 08 lock spigot mount to the crank axle is an interrupted thread pattern and it can be removed and a Vickers pattern bayonet type lock spigot part installed allowing the 1910 lock to fit and function in th
e 08 recoil plates. This is almost an identical swap although a bit of shimming is advised. The Vickers lock spigot uses the same headspace type nut as the 1910. The 1910 feedblock drive pawl will need to be fitted to the left side 08 recoil plate drive.
MG08 recoil plate assemblies are fairly common since they are common to both the 08 and the 0&/15, and many thousands of 08s and 08/15s have been imported into the US since WWI but the 1910 assemblies ae getting more and more scarce. The 1910 assemblies will disappear long before the 08s, unfortunately. We have been lucky to have the parts!! FWIW

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
While im at it, is there anywhere to get the springs for the top cover, or the specs to make them? Mine are broken off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts