1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Looking for a RP-46 beltfeed mechanism to convert a DPM. Any leads would be appreciated.:thanks:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one was on GB a full kit but it was like 4 grand
I missed that one. It is actually a fairly simple set up -the beltfeed setup replaces the drum magazine and is operated buy the op handle. I've been thinking if I could come up with a feed system from a PKM/PKT (at a reasonable price) maybe I could fab something up. :thinker:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Well we got a set of Cad drawings from it.
But other then that as of right now no body went into production.
That I know of.
If you find somebody post it here for the rest of us.
Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Having modified three DPs to use the RP belt feed, there is more involved than just assembling the top cover. The RPs were improved DPMs, having a heavy barrel with a much larger and sturdier gas block with a larger adjustable regulator and ports, a lever operated barrel change thru bolt, top mounted bipod attachment to the shroud and a number of other improvements to the DPMs. DPMs have the recoil spring at the back of the receiver to protect the recoil spring from overheating.
While the belt feed mechanism appears to be a simple task to repro, it is really not. I know of several guys who set out to make repros, but the project was more than they wanted to engage. Cost would be high with a limited market. Relatively minor mods to a DP or DPM are required on the shroud, rear sight and gas ports to correctly assemble the RP beltfeed.
RP46-14.JPG RP46-6.JPG RP46-7.JPG

·
Registered
32 Posts
dp feed

when i worked i texas i built one used mod. top cover and feed tray fron sg43 and feed fron pan mag the pall
that moves the belt is like a zb37

gordie k

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having modified three DPs to use the RP belt feed, there is more involved than just assembling the top cover. The RPs were improved DPMs, having a heavy barrel with a much larger and sturdier gas block with a larger adjustable regulator and ports, a lever operated barrel change thru bolt, top mounted bipod attachment to the shroud and a number of other improvements to the DPMs. DPMs have the recoil spring at the back of the receiver to protect the recoil spring from overheating.
While the belt feed mechanism appears to be a simple task to repro, it is really not. I know of several guys who set out to make repros, but the project was more than they wanted to engage. Cost would be high with a limited market. Relatively minor mods to a DP or DPM are required on the shroud, rear sight and gas ports to correctly assemble the RP beltfeed.
View attachment 15503 View attachment 15504 View attachment 15505
:thanks: Good info and great pictures, :thanks:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I know this thread is over a year old, but SMG is in the process of deciding on making a run of them. See the info on their website. There is a list to get on and a deposit to be paid. I believe there is a video of their prototype on YouTube.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts