1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Wanting to buy semi auto Bren....Prefer MKII.... Must run good...
thanks ;)
Welcome to the forum kem1. You will find you need 20 post before you can get private messages or anyone can contact you.
These are the forum rules and they are adhered to. I know of a beautiful early IO Bren MKII kit that is soon to be finished my a reputable builder, it may be for sale when completed.
You can contact me at: captmax (at) att (dot) net if you would like more information. Enjoy the forum here, it is one of the best there is!!!!
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Will reply to your message as soon as I am off work, will likely be later this evening as it is a very busy day.
My even be tomorrow as it is now 3:30 here and haven't stopped to eat yet, started around 6 am this morning.
Another typical day in the air conditioning business in July. :rolleyes:
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Since .303 is (military surplus) rare(and mostly old garbage) or expensive(new made) make sure you get a 7.62x54R(440 rounds for around $100 shipped) set up as with a ZB39 magazine I can get it to feed reliably about 15 rounds out of that mag. My friend has one set up to shoot 7.62X51(or .303) that works well (.308 is more readily available and all ammo is not cheap) plus he uses a ZB30 mags that works perfectly(as contour of the rounds are very similar). If the gun is being made now is the time to have this done. I love my Brens very fun to shoot off of the MG3AA tripod!

·
Registered
481 Posts
FWIW, I've dealt with CaptMax on several occasions, and you will not be disappointed with anything he offers for sale. If a BREN that runs like a raped ape is what you seek, one from his collection is the ticket!

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
You say that until you realize that it's a buck a round to shoot .303 and it just sits in your safe. It was a PITA, but I had mine built for 54R. You can have Troy at BarrelXchange do the conversion. Go here for all the Bren info you need:

thats why i load for mine, working on a good cast loads for it using gas checks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts