1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my SG 43 back from the builder today. I need to find a front and rear sight assembly. Please let me know if you have one for sale or now where to get one. I would rather not buy a whole barrel just for the sight

·
Premium Member
6,928 Posts
Why not just grab one of the demilled barrels from Apex IIRC they were only like 35 bucks? They would also be the first call I made as they may have some spare parts. Russ

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Was your kit missing both parts or did you build from a SGMT kit?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If you plan to shoot the SG-43 or SGMT off of the wheeled carriage, well, I found the sights to be about useless.
They sit too low if you are sitting behind the gun, and are too high if you are prone.
Flip the carriage mount on end and use the AA pintle, and if you are average height the sights are STILL too low!

If you dig a pit behind the gun to stand or kneel in, you may get your eye's behind them!

I am surprised no one has made a riser with a picatinny rail on top so a modern optic can be used.

See what they did on this PKT mount to solve the sight question:

Gun Machine gun Machine Vehicle

I like this idea of making something clever to add instead of modifying the gun.

Richard

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was an Sg 43 kit. Not sure if it had them when it was shipped to my builder as it was a while ago and I can't find the ad for the parts kit. I would like to have them just for completeness sake. I will call apex in the morning. Sold the DSHK but at least now I have the PKM Maxim SG 43 and a Vickers in 54R so same belts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts