1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting to gather parts for a USGI .30 cal build. Only interested in "SG" marked parts, not interested in "S.G." parts. Also interested in other parts that were not required to be marked. If you have them and want to sell them, send me a PM with condition of the part and cost.

Here's a list of parts that were required to be marked that I still need:

Bottom Plate

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Should be someone here that can help you with those.
If you don't have them before the Knob Creek show let me know and I will pick up what I can there for you.:thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I've got a Accellerater

Paintmanmatt probly does too & He ships quick.;)

May have an extractor...

That RR cart stop may be a clallenge.

Your building an 30- 06 gun I presume?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I have the RR cartridge stop for ya. Will drop you a line on that.

As an FYI for the general topic of Extractor markings, the requirement for the Ejector to be piece marked was withdrawn early on. Finding an SG marked ejector is a rare thing, as 90% of Extractor assemblies of SG or S.G. mfg will have an unmarked Ejector. What you see, when one is found, is just the SG code and a revision mark, which I think is -2. Might be a -1 revision too, but I think -2 is all I've seen. Either way, it's the least common when marked.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CaptMax, theduke, and Lucky thanks for the replies!

CaptMax, thanks for the kind offer, I'll check in with you a little before the KCR event.

By the way, not counting the required parts manufacturers had to mark, is anyone keeping a running list of the parts that are know to have been marked by all the different manufacturers?

Thanks!

Rob

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
We have a list for BA, which our late forum member Lorenzo started and I got from him ten years ago. I have enhanced it and passed it on to toolman when he and I started spending each other's money together, lol. He is the main keeper of all things BA now, though I keep plenty of parts around in that marque myself. I just sold off my last complete kits, while he still is in the hoarding stage.

I have also a fairly complete list for BCI, which mustangman7 and I have worked on a lot, inspired mostly by the C5A1 projects.

I also did a partial RIA list, which was for a particularly particular customer for whom I built a 1917A1. But while that list has not been circulated, RIA only marked what the Ordnance Dept required, with the exception of a few rare components from the conversion period in the 1936-1940 period. That's about the most specialized one, with the rarest parts, some of which I am still seeking to add to my collection.

SG/S.G. did, like RIA, only mark the components required by Ordnance. That's a pretty simple list, but it could be assembled in one place if truly needed.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Lorenzo. Now there's a name I have not thought of for a long time. I have an SG A4 build from a Lorenzo parts set.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTT

Stilll need an SG bottom plate! If you have one and want to sell it, let me know!

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SG Marked Ejector

Managed to find an SG marked ejector. Has the -2 revision marking that Rollin describes in his post and you can even see a faint SG marking below the revision marking!

Still looking for an SG marked bottom plate and an unmolested .30-06 USGI left side plate. Contact me if you have either.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts