1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
I wish you had asked me the last time we talked Bill I sold them all. I might have one of those linkers but give me a week to dig.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I made one out of a 50 cal loader. Super easy to do. I used roll pins, wish I would have used dowels.

I sold 20 belts it Feb, I can dig for more but think I’m pretty low.

btw I have a couple of the original loaders, they truly suck. Besides being original and collectibility the plate loader is only way to go. Numrich has them cheap.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made one out of a 50 cal loader. Super easy to do. I used roll pins, wish I would have used dowels.

I sold 20 belts it Feb, I can dig for more but think I’m pretty low.

btw I have a couple of the original loaders, they truly suck. Besides being original and collectibility the plate loader is only way to go. Numrich has them cheap.
Could you send a pic of how you modified the 50 loader? Sounds like you didn’t put a plate on it per se. and thanks for looking for a belt. Bill

·
Registered
442 Posts
I put an 1/8” piece of steel on top of loader.
Then drilled through it with a mill.

Hole distance is easy to figure out left to right and where the pins go.

You have a MG or semi?

·
Watercooled Addict
2,118 Posts
What are the tabbed belts bringing these days?

·
Premium Member
6,427 Posts
Tom H. at Beltfed plus makes Nice stuff Bill and you cant beaat the price.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks for the referral. Still making them. With the political climate being what it is deliveries are running 3-4 weeks. Currently working on a couple of new plates for the MG42 and the SG43 as well as a bunch of the plates we already make. Also have a M7 substitute in he works. The material is here for that project but haven't had the mill free to proceed.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thaks for the referal. Still making them. With the political climate being what it is deliveries are 3-4 weeks. Also working on 2 new plates, Mg42 and SG43 as well as a M7 replacement since the M7 supply is drying up.

Reactions: cantrell
1 - 13 of 13 Posts