1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reparked my Izzy build and in the process lost the pin that goes through the top cover and hold the lever in place. If you have one for sale or know where to get one please shoot me a message.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Sam it sounds like you need the top cover pivot pin that holds the feed arm in place. Shoot me your address and I will send you one. Russ

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Is the pin the Izzy style with the cotter pin on top of the belt feed pivot bushing nut or the USGI style with a head and held in place with a cap screw inside the pivot bushing nut??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Below are pics of the cover I have. The top of the cover that the red arrow is pointing to is threaded and a small screw goes in there. The lever arm is countersunk on the underside. I was told this is an Izzy setup and a GI pin will not work in it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

cover1.jpg cover2.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Below are pics of the cover I have. The top of the cover that the red arrow is pointing to is threaded and a small screw goes in there. The lever arm is countersunk on the underside. I was told this is an Izzy setup and a GI pin will not work in it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

View attachment 16559 View attachment 16560

This is an Izzy mod intended to prevent lever "droop" but usually this style of pin is secured with a cotter pin on the top of the nut .You could replace the lever and the pin with a USGI style Also there should b interior toothed washer between bushing nut and the top cover which does away with staking the nut to the top cover (that's what those dimples on the top cover are) Look here for pictures http://m1919tech.com/22997.html

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Sam, I could sell you a USGI spec lever, pin and a hex key type set screw to secure it, if that works for you. Those Izzy pins are just impossible to find, but not enough in demand for anyone to make them yet. Let me figure out a price when I get to my shop today.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Sam the parts are on the way :cool: Merry Christmas a bit early.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts