1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need 2 or more M3 barrel shrouds that are trashed or demilled as long as the back end that screws into the trunion is fine. Please PM with description and price or you can reach me at ajmdreammg42(at)yahoo(dot)com

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
MAaaaaayby. My sarco special did not work out so well. What did you need it for?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to make the early slotted style shroud, Trying to figure out how that back half is attached. Do you know if yours are screwed on? I have the drawings for the slotted type and they show different versions, with and with out threads. I see the ones Sarco has and have emailed Dave about looking for a couple with out severe rust around the rear portion but he has not got back to me yet. How bad is the shroud(s) you got from sarco ?

This is the rear part that I am looking for, I believe later versions are screwed on, because thats what the later revisions on the drawings have shown
Auto part

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pff, pay for shipping and you can borrow it and poke at it to your hearts content. I also have a junk aircraft barrel to go with it that I can send along if you like. Just be sure to give it back when you are done ;)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pff, pay for shipping and you can borrow it and poke at it to your hearts content. I also have a junk aircraft barrel to go with it that I can send along if you like. Just be sure to give it back when you are done ;)
Thanks for the offer but was really looking to buy a wrecked or demilled shroud, just looking for some good back portions of the shroud, I can have the MFG who is making the shroud adapt it if its threads or no threads. I am kind of hesitant about buying sarcos grade b unless he can find something that meets my needs. how bad is the shroud you got from sarco grade B selection ?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The sarco grade B was... Rusty. Pitted. No amount of heat or persuasion would remove the bearing from the front without destroying the entire works. I Electrolysis'd mine, then parked it, and it looks good. The rear threads look pretty good, or did. I'm not sure how much damage my brother did last weekend trying to remove the bearing.

Heck, depending on what he did, I might have one that is trashed in the front ;)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
let me know if you have a trashed front end one ! how do you Electrolysis'd steel ? I heard of treasure finders doing that to old silver coins, and I have a "lead out " kit that removes lead from fouled barrel bores, is it a similar process ?

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
let me know if you have a trashed front end one ! how do you Electrolysis'd steel ? I heard of treasure finders doing that to old silver coins, and I have a "lead out " kit that removes lead from fouled barrel bores, is it a similar process ?
Allan I can forward you the info on this since I have been using the system for years. It is the cats meow for restoring metal with out removing any and is quite simple all you need is a plastic bucket, rebar, washing soda, copper wire and a battery charger then just set it and forget it :D I will try and find the info on my new laptop so bear with me but if you do a search there is tons of info out there on the subject. Don't ever use stainless rod BTW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts