1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I have a model 1921 Finn tripod, but lack the traverse lock. I understand the 1909 German lock works as well, but I'd prefer a Finn lock . Begars can't be choosers.

....I know that traverse lock is out there somewhere, yearning to be sold. Let's do it !

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Just an aside…….1909 DWM commercial traverse clamps are very rare and you will be paying a premium for one even though there are no 1909 commercial MG or tripods in the US aside from the few Cost Rican 1910s which don't count.
Finn clamps are not especially uncommon and there have been a lot of them over the years free of kits and tripods, so one should show up if you keep looking.
As you may know, MG08 sled clamps have a raised lug on the face of the bottom jaw that rides in a grove under the traverse rail, so don't really fit the Finn rails very well.
Good luck.

Bob Naess

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an aside…….1909 DWM commercial traverse clamps are very rare and you will be paying a premium for one even though there are no 1909 commercial MG or tripods in the US aside from the few Cost Rican 1910s which don't count.
Finn clamps are not especially uncommon and there have been a lot of them over the years free of kits and tripods, so one should show up if you keep looking.
As you may know, MG08 sled clamps have a raised lug on the face of the bottom jaw that rides in a grove under the traverse rail, so don't really fit the Finn rails very well.
Good luck.

Bob Naess
....Everything Bob said above . I want a Finn lock. I have a Finn Tripod.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Just an aside…….1909 DWM commercial traverse clamps are very rare and you will be paying a premium for one even though there are no 1909 commercial MG or tripods in the US aside from the few Cost Rican 1910s which don't count....
Damn Bob I have a 1909 Clamp that I am ready to sell for a Premium!

Actually, the 1909 is a German pattern clamp. So its narrow where it fits on the Russian style lugs and will not work well. The Finnish clamp is wider at the bottom plate connection. The Finnish clamp is going to be the only one that works well for you. Chinese and German are going to be to narrow.

I bought one out of some eastern block state many years ago. I have never seen another for sale by itself. Unfortunately most people don't realize getting replacement parts for these tripods is near impossible!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts