·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Sent you a pm

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
A variety from various countries - http://www.wwii-collectibles.com/

This Amazon seller has a good selection, I ordered some of the Soviet propaganda posters for the gun room - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ue&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_3&smid=A3ALEOWDLR4PN5

For any one interested in earlier firearms this fellow offers some nice MG08 prints on GunBroker - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=512048228 I bought a few of his to decorate the shop with.

All have very reasonable prices. The sticker shock is having them framed. :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
The sticker shock is having them framed. :)
Yep . I have a bunch of posters bought for $10-$35 each . Poster shop wanted $80 or so apiece for framing in thin metal edge frames . Found a swap meet person selling framed posters and pictures for $30-$40 each . He sent my posters to his framer and he put them in nice , but simple , dark wood frames for $20-$25 each depending on size . I have them around the walls in my parts store .

Chris

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently went and seen the USS Alabama and purchased a poster for $25.00. A local frame shop wanted $200.00 to frame it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Most of these posters are a common size as I am fairly sure they are reproductions. Go to a Michaels or similar lady-shop and look at the frames and mats you can buy off the shelf. It is not hard and is certainly cheaper. I have spent a kings ransom on one of mine because it is original and mint. Archival glass and muslin backing etc. Not needed for a twenty dollar poster. Besides, think of the manufacturing process required to make a poster versus the tooling needed to roll-form aluminum frame channels or the NC cutters needed to shape a pre-made wooden frame. Think of it like a woman, sure she's pretty cool but holy **** she looks good all dolled up. J

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I can't say where my next prints will be framed but I can say for certain it will not be Hobby Lobby, their prices are beyond expensive.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I can't say where my next prints will be framed but I can say for certain it will not be Hobby Lobby, their prices are beyond expensive.
I made the same mistake a few years ago with Michael's. Bought a nice print, cheap, maybe 19.99. After frame, matting and whatever magic they put on it, I cleared 120 bucks. I was expecting a simple 49 dollar gift.....from now on Ill just buy a poster at walmart and put it in a frame myself.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

Huh, I had good luck at hobby lobby, typically $30 to frame whatever in a decent custom frame. I had my autographed IMA ad done, plus some other stuff for the wife. Your mileage may vary I suppose.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Huh, I had good luck at hobby lobby, typically $30 to frame whatever in a decent custom frame. I had my autographed IMA ad done, plus some other stuff for the wife. Your mileage may vary I suppose.
My last one to be matted and framed was a bit over $150.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
It may also have something to do with where you live. Dallas has collected every PITA person from around the US. Perhaps the stores charge differently based on the ***** factor involved, I wouldn't blame them.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Micheal's has coupons in your weekly junk mailers and on their website you can download that typically will knock 40% off of framing. Still absurdly expensive. I just had seven firearm prints framed that are a custom size so there was no getting around having to do custom frames. Let's just say I could have bought 3/5ths of a 1919a4 parts kit for what I paid for seven frames... and I got a DEAL.

Again, framing is absurdly expensive, but now that I've looked at a few of those links Kirby posted I think I'll be doing it again. :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts