·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good, useable and reasonably priced WWII .30 cal T&E. Thanks! JP

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'd like one too! I've got a .50 T&E that I am using till I find a .30 that coincides with a time when I have extra $....

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Not my best photo work, will try later to improve these.

The top T&E looks like it had some British service, typical British black paint, chain has a Vickers like swivel. Middle is missing most of its finish but in otherwise very good condition. Bottom example is in excellent condition.

$145 for either of the first two, $165 for the one on the bottom.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not my best photo work, will try later to improve these.

The top T&E looks like it had some British service, typical British black paint, chain has a Vickers like swivel. Middle is missing most of its finish but in otherwise very good condition. Bottom example is in excellent condition.

$145 for either of the first two, $165 for the one on the bottom.

I'll take the one at the bottom at $165 and work out payment, shipping etc. offline. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Thanks much. Check your visitor's messages in your profile for contact information.

I believe you will receive private message access after you have ten posts.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Do you know the country of origin of that bottom T&E by any chance? I'm pretty sure it is from Denmark. Were the letters "D I S A" on the top rear of the traverse bar?
I had thought the US, these were in a large box of parts I have .

I did not notice the marking you asked about. The T&E is currently winging its way to NY with FedEx, we can ask the new owner once it arrives about the marking.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I had thought the US, these were in a large box of parts I have .

I did not notice the marking you asked about. The T&E is currently winging its way to NY with FedEx, we can ask the new owner once it arrives about the marking.
Got it. Thanks.

Below is a picture of the marking (to the new owner).

Not my picture by the way. This was from an eBay auction several months ago that I bid on but did not win. :(

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Usually I look pretty close for markings on things although I have to admit mainly on German and Russian pieces, US stuff not so carefully. I do not remember seeing that DISA marking but I could have easily missed it.

I will check the others for markings first thing tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Ive ask numerous times for help identifying the bottom T&E with the handwheel laminated from sheet metal. Any ideas/history etc?
The ones made with the stacked disc's have an interesting history the disc's came from the holes made in aircraft ribs they reused them to make the T&E's at least that is what I was told.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts