1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was told it’s all 8 mm. Some of it is silver or steel tips.
That’s stuff doesn’t run on in my MG 42s worth a damn tried all my 42s. Looks like I’ll have to sell it to the guys that run it in 1919 or Mauser. I’ve run it through my 1919’s before I sold them. I’m selling it at 250 rounds for 100 bucks plus shipping. I got probably 1000 pounds worth today. I also got about 15 to 20 crates that I have no clue what it is will try to post pics of crate marking soon.
DBA695C0-A4AC-407F-BB77-547662C87E73.jpeg

·
Registered
840 Posts
The brass case stuff is turkish. Steel case looks like Romanian to me. I'd buy some of the steel case Romanian

·
Registered
720 Posts
I’m interested in the Steel case - let me know how much how have to sell - I’ll buy as much as you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentlemen. Old tire iron contacted me first. Unfortunately before I could take pictures of all the crates and span cams and count out the rounds I tripped over my feet and broke my left shoulder. So it’ll be a few days till I can do anything. Having cancer and Neuropathy sucks. Just a heads up I will be posting a list of post samples after 18 years. I’m getting out of the business. So I can pay off my medical bills

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
First, the obligatory butt chewing for running Turkish 8mm in your MG42. There's gobs of info on how bad Turk ammo is for MG's. Go to your room! (I cant attest to running it in a full auto, but I know in a bolt gun that Turk ammo will knock your fillings loose)

Good luck on your recovery. My wife still has some nephropathy from her chemo. Shes tiny and especially sensitive to cold temperatures. Shes showing a steady improvement, so please keep your hopes up, your spirits high and your head in the game. Best of luck- Scott

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Gentlemen. Old tire iron contacted me first. Unfortunately before I could take pictures of all the crates and span cams and count out the rounds I tripped over my feet and broke my left shoulder. So it’ll be a few days till I can do anything. Having cancer and Neuropathy sucks. Just a heads up I will be posting a list of post samples after 18 years. I’m getting out of the business. So I can pay off my medical bills
Seriously I thought you were slowing down! Take care of yourself so you can be at the last creek with us Dave.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm new to the fray, and I hope you are okay (no pun intended). I shoot Turkish ammo through my Mausers. I would be interested in some of that. Let me know or PM me when you are feeling better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 106421
That’s stuff doesn’t run on in my MG 42s worth a damn tried all my 42s. Looks like I’ll have to sell it to the guys that run it in 1919 or Mauser. I’ve run it through my 1919’s before I sold them. I’m selling it at 250 rounds for 100 bucks plus shipping. I got probably 1000 pounds worth today. I also got about 15 to 20 crates that I have no clue what it is will try to post pics of crate marking soon. View attachment 106421
View attachment 106421
That’s stuff doesn’t run on in my MG 42s worth a damn tried all my 42s. Looks like I’ll have to sell it to the guys that run it in 1919 or Mauser. I’ve run it through my 1919’s before I sold them. I’m selling it at 250 rounds for 100 bucks plus shipping. I got probably 1000 pounds worth today. I also got about 15 to 20 crates that I have no clue what it is will try to post pics of crate marking soon. View attachment 106421
Having gone thru the range of Turkish 8mm from 1939 to 1947 in the 1400 round crates/bandoliers/stripper clips I have observed that the 1939 dated ran the smoothest with less split necks, no loose projectiles and no duds in my FA 1919's than the war years issue. When you look at the workmanship on the bandoliers as in painted pouch buttons, buckle to adjust bandolier, very few loose threads and the spring tensioned nickel plated stripper clips, all of which went by the wayside during the war years, it sorta makes sense that the Turks spent a bit more time with no pressure to produce a decent product.
Alas, I am down to my last crate of '39 which I will use in my Vickers, the rest of the war years will be eaten by the 1919.
BTW, for those who are still running the Turk war years stuff - being as it does split necks - be sure and pull your firing pin assy and clean both it and the shaft it rides in of brass and powder debris. Will save you grief in the long run.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've seen both a MG42 and an Egyptian Hakim rifle totally destroyed by shooting the Turkish 8mm Mauser ammo in them.
There is really nothing wrong with that Turkish ammo, if and only if, you shoot it in modern bolt action rifles, exactly like it was intended.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts