1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cartridge pusher that was included in a parts lot I purchased. What is the length of the .308 pusher vs the original 30/06 pusher? Also what is a fair asking price for the cartridge pushers? I’m going to sell it here as soon as I determine what caliber it’s for and price.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think a fair asking price would be at 50-75 for an original US and repro steel. 50 for an aluminum repro. I've seen some rough made aluminum 308 ones that were among the last offerings, only had two threads good inside or looked cross threaded. Hopefully you dont find one of those.

This should help you get on the map.
3-3/4" for US 3006 o.a.l. I shaved the face of mine down a little but didn't shave down the shoulder so the o.a.l. is the same.
3-7/8" for Len's steel 308 forward drop, this looked like it could be modified for 308 rear drop also*
4-1/16" for older Sarco 308 aluminum that I had shaved down at least a 1/16 so it started off longer*
I dont have an Argentine loader to check nor do I know if that will work in a 1918 loader*
I dont have a Russian Colt Potato Digger to check for 54r or any other uncommon made calibers 7mm or such but Len was very helpful for explaining what will work in those calibers. See "types of slides" thread now pinned to the top.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think a fair asking price would be at 50-75 for an original US and repro steel. 50 for an aluminum repro. I've seen some rough made aluminum 308 ones that were among the last offerings, only had two threads good inside or looked cross threaded. Hopefully you dont find one of those.

This should help you get on the map.
3-3/4" for US 3006 o.a.l. I shaved the face of mine down a little but didn't shave down the shoulder so the o.a.l. is the same.
3-7/8" for Len's steel 308 forward drop, this looked like it could be modified for 308 rear drop also*
4-1/16" for older Sarco 308 aluminum that I had shaved down at least a 1/16 so it started off longer*
I dont have an Argentine loader to check nor do I know if that will work in a 1918 loader*
I dont have a Russian Colt Potato Digger to check for 54r or any other uncommon made calibers 7mm or such but Len was very helpful for explaining what will work in those calibers. See "types of slides" thread now pinned to the top.
Thanks, excellent information. From the pictures in the sticky it looks like I have what you refer to as a rear drop. Pretty sure it’s an original 30/06 pusher someone has added steel to and ground flush/smooth, measures 4” long.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
I have checked and the Argy Colt 28 loader pusher will not work in a 1918 USGI belt filling machine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts