1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody have a 1919a4 backplate that has the aluminum one piece grip on it that could see if the wood/plastic/phenalic grips from a 1917a1 would fit on it instead of the aluminum grips ? I do not like the looks of the one piece aluminum grips but I was thinking if the 1917a1 grips would fit on, it would look more like a earlier/correct 1919a4. I am looking for about 8-10 back plate assy's and don't want to spend a fortune one them.

Thanks for looking
ajmdreammg42
The aluminum grips are interchangeable with the wooden grips. The aluminum grips were installed so the T&E could be snapped into the bottom of the grip for rapid redeployment. These are highly sought after backplate assemblies because they were used at Guadalcanal and Tarawa in the early heroic campaigns. You may have a lot to learn about these weapons my friend. Don't just own the gun,know the gun.

·
Registered
892 Posts
The aluminum grips are interchangeable with the wooden grips. The aluminum grips were installed so the T&E could be snapped into the bottom of the grip for rapid redeployment. These are highly sought after backplate assemblies because they were used at Guadalcanal and Tarawa in the early heroic campaigns. You may have a lot to learn about these weapons my friend. Don't just own the gun,know the gun.
This post was from 2011

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Also , ajmdremmg42 has forgotten more history about guns in the last 2 hours then you will ever know Dink...Maybe you have a lot to learn about the people on this forum , rather then be an Ass on your first post....GUNNER 50

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anybody have a 1919a4 backplate that has the aluminum one piece grip on it that could see if the wood/plastic/phenalic grips from a 1917a1 would fit on it instead of the aluminum grips ? I do not like the looks of the one piece aluminum grips but I was thinking if the 1917a1 grips would fit on, it would look more like a earlier/correct 1919a4. I am looking for about 8-10 back plate assy's and don't want to spend a fortune one them.

Thanks for looking
ajmdreammg42
Also , ajmdremmg42 has forgotten more history about guns in the last 2 hours then you will ever know Dink...Maybe you have a lot to learn about the people on this forum , rather then be an Ass on your first post....GUNNER 50
The intention was not to be an ass but that learning as much about a subject is part of the joy of the experience. I don't doubt there are many people here who know a lot about this subject but my expertise is .50 caliber aircraft armament systems. Yes I'm new to this forum and thanks for your kind reply to my first post.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You get what you give....I thought your post was fine until you made assumptions of the OP ....Could have left the last part of your post out....At least until you know who your responding to...We are a tight nit group of long timers here...And we know who the (Go 2's) are for a weapon of interest ....Your .50 expertise is vary much welcomed around here...Just don't give it to us with the back of your hand....That's all I ask.....Welcome to the form.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You get what you give....I thought your post was fine until you made assumptions of the OP ....Could have left the last part of your post out....At least until you know who your responding to...We are a tight nit group of long timers here...And we know who the (Go 2's) are for a weapon of interest ....Your .50 expertise is vary much welcomed around here...Just don't give it to us with the back of your hand....That's all I ask.....Welcome to the form.
Well I was misunderstood. I am always learning something new and I will never know as much about a subject as I desire to. Take this grip thing. Today I tried swapping my 17 grip panels with the aluminum grip. Well that pesky pin is in the way. Can't seem to drive it out so I cut it off flush. Installed aluminum grip and screw. Great,but it wobbles? Go to install the spring for the T&E tube but there is no hole to retain it? Have to mark and drill and tap a 10-32 hole in bottom to accept screw to hold spring and now it's done and nice and tight and holds a WW2 production T&E because a post war one is too thick. Learned all that just today. Didn't think I would have a problem but there it was. What I learned about B-24 waist guns could fill a book. I accept your welcome and thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Well I was misunderstood. I am always learning something new and I will never know as much about a subject as I desire to. Take this grip thing. Today I tried swapping my 17 grip panels with the aluminum grip. Well that pesky pin is in the way. Can't seem to drive it out so I cut it off flush. Installed aluminum grip and screw. Great,but it wobbles? Go to install the spring for the T&E tube but there is no hole to retain it? Have to mark and drill and tap a 10-32 hole in bottom to accept screw to hold spring and now it's done and nice and tight and holds a WW2 production T&E because a post war one is too thick. Learned all that just today. Didn't think I would have a problem but there it was. What I learned about B-24 waist guns could fill a book. I accept your welcome and thank you.
Welcome to the forum and sadly the 1919tech forum did not make it back when they changed to the new format but here is a link you can keep in your favorites if you are truly passionate about the Browning history. https://web.archive.org/web/20180518062955/http://www.m1919tech.com/index.html Many of us here worked hard on this with KKKriverrats and his work to put it together was a labor of love. Check out the back plate section or all of them for that matter and as gunner50 said we are a tight knit group of guys with an unrivaled combined knowledge base so ask questions and enjoy the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sadly the 1919tech forum did not make it back when they changed to the new format but here is a link you can keep in your favorites if you are truly passionate about the Browning history. https://web.archive.org/web/20180518062955/http://www.m1919tech.com/index.html Many of us here worked hard on this with KKKriverrats and his work to put it together was a labor of love. Check out the back plate section or all of them for that matter and as gunner50 said we are a tight knit group of guys with an unrivaled combined knowledge base so ask questions and enjoy the site.
Roger that and thanks.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts