Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTK found 2 heavy barrels value?

Found this at a moving yard sale today, wanted to know any info on it or it's worth. Rifling looks strong, but a couple of dings by the threaded end.
Don't have a M2 build yet, looking to start a 1919 first, but lady said she thought there was another one of these in the barn. If I wanted to check back later, if I thought it was worth it.
Thank you for any help. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
update-I did go back add get the other barrel

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Nice find! Just goes to show you never know what will turn up at a garage/estate sale. I would certainly go back and check for the other one or at least give the lady your name and phone number so she can contact you. If you're looking to build a 1919A4 I'll take the M2 barrels in trade for credit on a kit. Let me know your email here. Post it like this so the bots don't find it. abcd AT g mail DOT com.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WTK found 2 heavy barrels value?

Nice find! Just goes to show you never know what will turn up at a garage/estate sale. I would certainly go back and check for the other one or at least give the lady your name and phone number so she can contact you. If you're looking to build a 1919A4 I'll take the M2 barrels in trade for credit on a kit. Let me know your email here. Post it like this so the bots don't find it. abcd AT g mail DOT com.
Lol, after posting my first message, I thought it over and drove back there, other one was where she thought it was in the hay barn, looks almost unfired. Asked where her late husband got them, said he was always bringing back odd things from guns shows. The only thing was the newer barrel had a long scratch down one side, but other than that, nothing.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Scottarmy6 AT yahoo

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
...single-line...

Believe that the M2Hb barrels with a single-line marking are either chrome lined or...if earlier...stellite lined. Cannot remember when they changed over,but think it was after Korean war.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.