1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
got a big box of unknown parts, pulled out what I could use and knew what it was, the rest I do not know what the parts are for.

Auto part Metal Metalworking hand tool Tool accessory

Auto part Fastener Metal Metalworking hand tool Metalworking hand tool Tool accessory Cutting tool Tool Metal

Tool accessory Hardware accessory

OK THEY ARE ALL NUMBERED NOW, DONT GO ON THUMBNAIL BUT ONLY ABOVE PICTURES ARE PART NUMBERED THANKS AGAIN LEN

Attachments

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
First picture top left looks like a G43 firing pin, I had one and thought it was an 8 penny nail.:rofl:
Don't see any other G43/K43 parts there though. I may be wrong.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Photo 1 second item from the right top is a Sten tripping lever.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Muzzle shroud looks like a MP38, as does the cocking handle next to it. The gas piston in the same lot is for an AK series weapon.

First picture, 2nd or 3rd from the left is a SKS top cover take down pin.

Picture 3....Item 5 is a AK handguard retaining spring. Item 9 is the buttstock trapdoor for an AK or SKS.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Captmax, thanks I got a G43 but never had it apart but will and compare it

Kirby thanks, that goes into the sten kits box

ScottD I dont think thats a muzzle shroud from a MP38, I have a MP40 and I thought a MP38 is just a milled receiver earlier version of a MP40 ? if you are referring to the shroud with all the air cooling holes in it and the cocking handle on a MP40/38 is just a stud that goes into the bolt.
will check the lever for SKS, got lots of those
Will check the handguard retainer spring and trapdoor against my SKS/AK 's

Also anybody need ANY of these parts would probably sell cheap but please ID it first in case I need it LOL:D

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...might help...

Might help to number each piece in each picture. I see Colt,S&W,Mossberg,FN/FAL,several single shot shotgun parts and ...some parts for the 1918 Browning Belt loader...!!! My suggestion is to print a copy of each picture,number each piece and then post those pic's. It will be much easier and precise.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might help to number each piece in each picture. I see Colt,S&W,Mossberg,FN/FAL,several single shot shotgun parts and ...some parts for the 1918 Browning Belt loader...!!! My suggestion is to print a copy of each picture,number each piece and then post those pic's. It will be much easier and precise.
Len, good ideal, I will replace the pictures with numbered pictures

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
ScottD I dont think thats a muzzle shroud from a MP38, I have a MP40 and I thought a MP38 is just a milled receiver earlier version of a MP40 ? if you are referring to the shroud with all the air cooling holes in it and the cocking handle on a MP40/38 is just a stud that goes into the bolt.
Beretta Model 38. I had my nomenclature mussed up.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Item 51 are 15 round blocks for 20 round Colt AR15 magazines. These were typically in Colt AR15 SP1 Sporters. Owners would often remove the block to give them a 20 round magazine.

Cheers

fjruple

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Number 13 looks like a magazine follower for a shotgun. Looks very much like the M11 Remington follower.

Number 116 looks like a common screw for the sling swivel for the M1903 Springfield or maybe even the M1. All depends on length and thread.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Number 99 three rods. These look like the old style cleaning rod sections used before the style with the shorter narrow end. Are they 1/4 inch thick. Is the narrow part 1-1/4 long with 3/8 threaded. The later rods had a 9/16 threaded end. On closer examination they do not appear to be threaded on the end but can't tell for sure. Probably much too short also.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...parts...

#1-feed bracket pin-1919(?)
#2-cam screw-M2HB .50
#11-dillon powder drop
#16-feed bracket pin .50 BMG
#18/19-shotgun grip cap and spacer (Mossberg?)
#27-1918 belt loader belt guide
#44-shotgun choke-Mossberg
#70-Stevens firing pin
#100-Ithica trench gun heat shield
#106-FN/FAL gas piston

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
As more answers come forward I keep going "OH, I KNEW THAT!"....Like the FAL gas piston....I said AK.....:(

·
Registered
199 Posts
Unknown parts

Ok, here is my 2 cents...
#9 BAR mag catch
15: m2/3 trigger bar pin, retainer missing
16: m2/3 feed pawl bracket pin
22: pintle retainer plate for navy rail mount, discussed here previously
58: rpd trigger?
75: BAR mag release
126: m2/3 backplate filler
131: m2/3 timing adjustment flat spring

Not sure if I am right on all, but pretty sure on most!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts