1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this for ? looks like a RH feed and possibly could be reversed for LH feed. No markings except for "A" on the stud end. I am thinking maybe for a swedish M36 ? but would this also work in a M37 ? has a little bit of staining on it but looks serviceable

20150806_172020.jpg 20150806_172037.jpg 20150806_172050.jpg

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appears to be m37 if you plan to get rid of it please let me know
it looks like it could be for a M37 but I have a swedish bolt (single feed) with the same A mark, but they did make a dual feed gun ( I think) . I am someday building a couple of M37's, so I will need this, I just found this today sorting threw my 1917 stuff.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Not M37. Swedish is my best guess. Something European. How's the spacing on a bolt? Is it short like the ANM2, or does it fit?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Sweeds used a dedicated RH and LH extractor Mirror images of each other.
It looks like an ANM2 A USGI one would be marked. My guess is Vickers Armstrong 303
Dave

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
The Sweeds used a dedicated RH and LH extractor Mirror images of each other.
It looks like an ANM2 A USGI one would be marked. My guess is Vickers Armstrong 303
Dave
Dang, that's a good point on the Swedish stuff. I have one of those RH extractors. Excellent call, Dave. Knew we kept you around for a good reason! :D

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rollin and Dave, I tried the extractor on a 1919 bolt and it does not fit, does not line up with bolt face. guess it's going in my ? parts bin.

I got a M36 swedish bolt from Dave last creek and I will try it on that but I think it will not fit either, He might be right about "303 armstrong bolt"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts