1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I MIGHT sell off an Isreali parts kit. Has an older 80% RSP KMP trigger and sear. Internals are machined. Needs rivet kit and bucking bar to assemble. Also have Issy A6 kit and repro tripod with pintle and real T&E. IF I sell it like to do it as an all for $$ deal. Kit was bought on GB from parts kit depot. Side plate was bought from member. Machining was done by member.
I can add pics if needed.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
My guess would be $2800 to $3000....I think if you put it up on GB it could skyrocket.

·
Registered
27 Posts
izzy kit with rsp and semi parts with most of machining done except the barrel extension so said add.
it was sitting at 1500 till the last day then started ticking up.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
izzy kit with rsp and semi parts with most of machining done except the barrel extension so said add.
it was sitting at 1500 till the last day then started ticking up.
WOW! I wonder if that was an anomaly or people are just going that crazy for parts kits now? I mean prices like that tempt me, no lie. But I could just finish it up. Spring repairs around house time so extra cash is nice but not NEEDED

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I doesn’t get any better than that! (y)
CaptMax

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought my first parts kit about 10 -12 years ago with a RSP and rivets for about $450 shipped. Then a few years later I bought a kit locally for about $500 and thought I was sticking my neck out. Almost as good as buying a 1 ounce gold piece. I have all the parts to put that one together but my milling machine is in storage. I'm out of commission for awhile.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought my first parts kit about 10 -12 years ago with a RSP and rivets for about $450 shipped. Then a few years later I bought a kit locally for about $500 and thought I was sticking my neck out. Almost as good as buying a 1 ounce gold piece. I have all the parts to put that one together but my milling machine is in storage. I'm out of commission for awhile.
I used to do jobs for a guy who just started a business and had little money so I did his electrical maintenance work for parts kits. I got a ton of them including an Israeli 1919a4 (I have a thread started on it, I am having Greaser do it), This was 15 years ago when kits were cheap, like 300 bucks minus the RSP if I recall. I only ever bought one kit in my life and that was my 1944 Inglis Bren MkII kit for 109.00 dollars. man wish we could go back. It's costing over a grand to have the Bren done semi. I also ended up with 2 mostly Mg42 kits I have had for 15 years but no one will build them :(

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I used to do jobs for a guy who just started a business and had little money so I did his electrical maintenance work for parts kits. I got a ton of them including an Israeli 1919a4 (I have a thread started on it, I am having Greaser do it), This was 15 years ago when kits were cheap, like 300 bucks minus the RSP if I recall. I only ever bought one kit in my life and that was my 1944 Inglis Bren MkII kit for 109.00 dollars. man wish we could go back. It's costing over a grand to have the Bren done semi. I also ended up with 2 mostly Mg42 kits I have had for 15 years but no one will build them :(
Check with this guy...He is a member...Maybe you can use one kit to help pay to get the other built...I think he is the only one building them now and may have some in stock. WTB: Complete MG42 and M53 parts kits and parts | 1919 A4 Forums

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wish I could find someone to do my Inglis Bren kit! Not sure the torch cut receiver is in decent enough shape though to be salvaged without some additional pieces which is a shame. I've had it for awhile and may just try to sell it off since I can't find anyone who works on them anymore...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wish I could find someone to do my Inglis Bren kit! Not sure the torch cut receiver is in decent enough shape though to be salvaged without some additional pieces which is a shame. I've had it for awhile and may just try to sell it off since I can't find anyone who works on them anymore...
My kit is being done as we speak. PM me and I will give you details (I'm not sure if it's okay to give out a licensed gunsmiths business information on the forum, it probably isn't but I want to be respectful)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts