1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know that is there a difference between a FN38 RH plate and a FN52 RH plate ? THANKS

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
There is more than one style of FN30 model 52.

I used an FN38 plate on my FN30 model 52 build. There was one tiny difference. The feed pawl bracket is about 0.100" longer in front. I left it go, so the RSP is slightly under cut at the front edge. I'll go look for a pic and then edit this post.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
OK here is pic of an FN38 and an FN30M52. Look to the front of the feed pawl bracket. The FN30M52 is a bit longer here.

FN38.jpg

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
memory fails me. But I think the lockframe is held in place like on the FN30 on the FN30M52. There is a very slight change on the FN38. I'd have to pull the weapons and field strip to be sure. just look at your lockframes. like the FN38 or the FN30. It may also be that I had an FN30 lockframe to work with. These weapons were all shipped in by IMA. They had them all piled in bin and then took parts out to make up weapons.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Say, i did some more mods to a FN38 RSP for the model 52. Just remembered, been too long. Looks at this additional work to an FN38 plate. just looked at the left plate and made it the same here.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Karl T for all the info. So just the RH pawl bracket is longer on the FN52 and the additional "cut outs" on the rectangle island. What about the small square "island" that has a round drilled hole in it ? I cannot tell if its raised or recessed around the hole ?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just copied the LSP. hole in middle, then sort of a raised boss before going back down to the rectangle level. Not sure what function this could possibly have.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Yes Karl, thanks for the info. Next time someone bugs me for FN52 rivets, I'll send them the FN38 set. My spec. sheet didn't show it. MSG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts